Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3211541 - 09/03/19 09:05 PM Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo
Mtns2hunt Offline

Loc: VA
Was in Walmart today and was told that they would no longer be selling 22 and 9mm ammo. There may be other calibers affected.

#3211542 - 09/03/19 09:14 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
sniper4life1 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Cowley KS
223/5.56, 300black, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 6.5 gren, 450 bush, and 224 Val. Was the list salesman gave me. Basicly anything that can be shot out of an AR. This is why you should've been supporting your local gun shop. If the little guy closed, who you gonna do business with? Cabelas, Acadamy, Dicks(lol)..... How long before they cave and go left?

#3211555 - 09/03/19 10:22 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
They quit selling firearms in NM because they choose not to comply with our new state law requiring (?) FFLs to perform private sale background checks. Still have lots of ammo on the shelves; hopefully that lasts at least until we elect the next democrat president.

#3211564 - 09/03/19 10:47 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Bowhntr6pt Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Central Florida
Alcohol kills a lot of folks every year... they gonna stop selling alcohol too?

#3211577 - 09/04/19 12:02 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Bowhntr6pt]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6pt
Alcohol kills a lot of folks every year... they gonna stop selling alcohol too?

Never happen. To many politicians drink. I read they were stopping the sale of all pistol ammo. Think it was on Yahoo this evening. One of the stores here just got a big load of rifles this week. I thought that was good.

#3211595 - 09/04/19 07:50 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

"Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:
• After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
• We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
• We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns."

"Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. "

Keep calm and crazy on

#3211597 - 09/04/19 08:23 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
jsh Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Kansas U.S. of A
I see a lot of chatter on this. My thoughts are “so”.
Walmart has all but ruined rural America. Think not, your not very old then. I can show you several down town main streets that are all but boarded up with grass growing in the cracks of the side walk and street. The city will give them a big tax break, then when it runs out they move. The city is then stuck with a huge building that few businesses have use for.
Or better yet , they abandon the building and move across the street. I have seen that happen in three different towns.
Enough of my blabber. There are plenty of places to buy ammo, along with my other needs and better quality to boot.

#3211607 - 09/04/19 10:56 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
arlaunch Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: OR
I never shop at Walmart anyway.

Brownells, one local place called Kurt's and Bi-Mart.

I have been in accumulation mode for over a year.

#3211645 - 09/04/19 02:42 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Mike B Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: central PA
They p***ed me off with the stopping of sales to those aged 18-21 (who they'll say they support in the military, but not in personal self defense!!) I'm in a relatively rural area with a Wally World just a few miles away, and I avoid them when ever I can - increasingly ordered online, or bought local when I can get what I want, even at more cost. I'll soon be weaned off the Wally World addiction due to their recent leftist attitude. Dick's and Field and Stream too. I'd think ol Sam is spinning in his grave!!!

#3211657 - 09/04/19 04:08 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
We have three in Broken Arrow. I've bought maybe one rifle from them. I do buy socks and T-shirts there and sometimes some deli chicken, cat food and litter. Do my gun shopping at gun shops.

Edited by pyscodog (09/04/19 08:35 PM)

#3211679 - 09/04/19 07:07 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: pyscodog]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3211778 - 09/05/19 06:30 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
DannoBoone Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Walker, IA
This has got to be great news to LGS's across the country!
That's where I've been getting all my ammo since the .22RF ammo
fiasco, anyway.

#3211785 - 09/05/19 07:38 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

I don't really care what they do regarding ammo & such but the fact is that they've announce that they've partnered with michael bloomberg's everytown for gun safety.

this puts them in bed with the hard core anti gunners and is a line too far for me.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3211829 - 09/06/19 11:10 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
rudymontana Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana,USA
CAN'T FIX STUPID!!! NEVER BOUGHT ANY AMMO OR GUNS FROM THEM ANYWAYS. RUDY

#3212059 - 09/09/19 11:12 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
marchboom Offline

Loc: North Idaho
If they won't sell ammo then there is no sense in buying their hunting clothing, firearm accessories, gun cases, gun cleaning supplies, hunting/fishing licenses, etc.

#3212085 - 09/09/19 02:56 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: marchboom]
DannoBoone Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Walker, IA
Originally Posted By: marchboom
If they won't sell ammo then there is no sense in buying their hunting clothing, firearm accessories, gun cases, gun cleaning supplies, hunting/fishing licenses, etc.

^^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^

#3212105 - 09/09/19 06:30 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: DannoBoone]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: DannoBoone
This has got to be great news to LGS's across the country!
That's where I've been getting all my ammo since the .22RF ammo
fiasco, anyway.

i'm sure the retailers are excited, but as a consumer - its going to be a real hit to the pocket, at least long term. the number i heard was that they had about 20% of the ammo market in the US. which isnt insignificant!

now that the LGS's look to be the only real place other than some of the big box stores... your ability to find budget ammo locally are going to drop significantly. when was the last time b[beeep]-pro had a really good deal on 22lr?

walmart pretty much set the market rate for 22lr, primarily i'm sure due to buying power.

so i'm sure we can expect prices to come up on some stuff, and possibly down on a few others.

just remember - when the ammo shortages were on post sandy hook - walmart DID NOT mark up its prices, when just about everyone else did to some extent or another. and while it was tough to find ammo, they were still getting in SOME almost every week after the worst of the crunch was over, and instituted strict purchase quantity policy's to attempt to prevent re-sellers from emptying the shelf EVERY day on the rest of us and selling gouging those $20 bricks for >$60.

sucks they had to jump on the Everytown bandwagon and pull a stunt like this on us.

as noted by others - not only does walmart need to see a drop in sales, but they need to know why they're seeing a drop in sales. write/call, but please be polite about it.

#3212117 - 09/09/19 08:17 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Keep calm and crazy on

#3212118 - 09/09/19 08:20 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

their CEO has demanded that congress ban and confiscate semi auto rifles.

I don't care much how they run their stores, that's their business but when he lobbies to violate my civil rights, now he's [beeep] around in my business & I'm not having any part of it.

I'm done with walmart. not just the sporting goods section, but the entire store. I can't in good conscious contribute to their bottom line when they're on the other side of this fight.

everyone has to decide what works for them & I've decided that walmart working against me just doesn't work for me and I can't support it.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3212119 - 09/09/19 08:27 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
reloader326 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Ohio
F--- Wal-Mart, they can have all the sales they want, I'd rather pay a premium for guns and ammo as opposed to having them banned altogether like they're lobbying for.

#3212129 - 09/09/19 09:22 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
zhelton Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Arkansas
We have a 2015 nissan altima for a wrk car. Ive been to walmart many times for an oil change. Took it last friday and the service guy did a walk around inspection, popped the hood and said this takes synthetic oil. I politley told him i would like 10w30. He advised they can only put in there whats on the engine. My reply is not board friendly but i am sick of corporations dictating my life. I am done as much as as i possibly can be with walmart.

#3212141 - 09/09/19 10:54 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
lhitchcox Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: SE Tennessee
Did the Walmart CEO marry into the Walton family? I think he is too stupid to climb the corporate ladder that far without some help.

#3212151 - 09/10/19 12:56 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: marchboom]
reb8600 Offline
Global Moderator

Loc: Morgan, Utah

I didn't any way. Low quality products

#3214007 - 10/03/19 11:01 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
6GUNSONLY Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: NW Alabama
I go to Walmart and think, "Never saw so much stuff I can live without." It won't bother me in the least.

#3214022 - 10/04/19 12:16 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I've bought one shotgun at Walmart about 30 yrs ago and rarely buy ammo mostly because they carry very little that I shoot, I get most of my stuff on line. Their decision not to sell guns or ammo isn't any skin off my back, it will be good for the LGS's.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3214029 - 10/04/19 12:49 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
tnshootist Online
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
Maybe the anti gunners know they can't get rid of guns.
But they can make ammo and reloading components hard to get.
Remember they don't really care about anything except their desire to control those of us that don't think as they do in every respect.They are so brain washed they have lost touch with reality on every level.( They think there is such a thing as free stuff for example) If some of us unenlightened ones have to be laborers till we assimilate that is just the price to be paid.
We tend to have a live let live way of thinking.
They do not.
They do not intend to ever quit.They intend to take control of everything.They do not care how long it takes.The end justifies the means in their book.
Then when they are successful everyone gets a trophy.Utopian world at last.

The only thing standing in the way of progress is us.

#3214044 - 10/04/19 06:36 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Loc: USA

M

This is my thinking too. I don’t plan to spend a penny in their sporting good section and am trying to stay away from the store as much as possible. They have a monoply now and have run Kmart out of business here. Magic Mart closed too, not sure if Walmart related or not. There are practically no local places left to get certain items. I think I will be doing a lot of online shopping.

Most anything Walmart has is available on Ebay, Amazon and other online places, and of course a few small businesses locally. Convenience is what Walmart offers, so getting past the quick convenient purchase is the biggest hurdle. Walmart’s prices are not as good as they used to be on some things too. A few years ago I bought my son a new digital camera through the mail and saved a flat $100 over Walmart’s price.

Yesterday I purchased an item from another store in the Walmart shopping center and probably paid a few dollars more for it than I would have in Walmart a few doors down. I plan to stay out of Walmart to the extent possible and have asked my wife to do the same.

#3214052 - 10/04/19 08:57 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: 6mm06]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
One thing is for certain, Wal-Mart executives are watching sales figures whenever business decisions cross political/social lines. The less we spend in Wally world the louder the message, send the message load and clear.

#3214066 - 10/04/19 10:55 AM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: zhelton]
Plant.One Offline

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: zhelton
We have a 2015 nissan altima for a wrk car. Ive been to walmart many times for an oil change. Took it last friday and the service guy did a walk around inspection, popped the hood and said this takes synthetic oil. I politley told him i would like 10w30. He advised they can only put in there whats on the engine. My reply is not board friendly but i am sick of corporations dictating my life. I am done as much as as i possibly can be with walmart.

corporations are dictating what their employee's can and cannot do.

lets be honest - oil pit jockeys are the absolute bottom of the mechanic ladder rung.

oil pit jockey's that work at walmart often barely have a pulse and a pair of shoes they can tie themselves.

without those kind of rules in place god only knows what the [beeep] would happen in those places.

now while i 110% agree that if the customer insists on a product - sell it to them, however...

sometimes you just gotta look at things from the other side of the coin for it to make sense when looking at a policy like this.

#3214123 - 10/04/19 08:45 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

I haven't set foot in one since it was reported that the CEO wrote congress to ban & confiscate semi auto rifles.

I won't be back.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3214208 - 10/05/19 10:42 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Stu Farish]
crapshoot Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: Henderson,Nevada,USA
Originally Posted By: Stu Farish
I haven't set foot in one since it was reported that the CEO wrote congress to ban & confiscate semi auto rifles.

I won't be back.

Ditto!

Average response time for a 911 call is 10 min.
Average response time for a .45acp is 900FPS.

Remember, if you're not pissing off a liberal......You are one!
Ted Nugent

#3214395 - 10/07/19 08:03 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Keep calm and crazy on

#3215352 - 10/18/19 01:21 PM Re: Walmart stopping the sale of small arms ammo [Re: Mtns2hunt]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Ghettomart and their customers are gross, I hope they stop selling all hunting, shooting and sporting equipment so idiot wannabe conservatives stop buying everything from toilet paper, ammo, junk food to lawn chairs at this anti American company.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.