Sonic Cleaner for cleaning brass

D_Bell

Just letting everyone know my tips for getting my brass cleaned with a Sonic cleaner. I remove the primers from my brass before cleaning.

[*]Sonic I heat up my distilled water in he microwave before I put it in my sonic cleaner. Set my cleaner to 122 degrees[*]Then I add my brass cleaner (Lemi-Shine), about 2 tablespoons, and mix it up before adding my brass.[*]Add my brass, run 25 to 40 mins until primer pockets are carbon free.[*]Then rinse the brass off in cold, clean distilled water, in a container I can shake the brass up in. Drain the water off the brass.[*]I towel dry all my brass to get all the excess water off.[*]I place the dried off the brass into an case dryer, until brass is completely dry. About an hour.[*]Once dry, the brass gets put into a tumbler, with a little bit of polishing paste. Run the tumbler for about 45 mins to an hour.[*]Separate the media from the brass.[/list]

My brass come out looking new...

I used the sonic cleaner system for awhile, but then went to the stainless pin method. It made life sooooo much easier.

D Bell, that's EXACTLY what I do and the brass comes out looking great. I use Lemishine at a 1/4 teaspoon per pint of water ratio. I considered using SS pins but the concerns about pins getting stuck in the case and possible work hardening of the brass kept me from trying it. My method (and yours) works just fine.

Last edited:
Back