Arizona Strip Hogs

Hey y'all, I'm from South Carolina and I've been stationed on Nellis, in Vegas.

I've heard the Arizona strip is the only place to hunt them around here, any tips, areas, tactics that work out here? I've only hunted them off deer feeders in SC.

Thanks!

Never heard the strip had hogs but they do or at least use to run along the river in mesquite and have heard rumors of them going all the way up to caliente. The Hafen's in mesquite had them rooting their fields from time to time although i never saw them the few times i night called their place. Guess that's close enough to the strip to make that story somewhat believable.

The hogs in around mesquite are not native. They escaped or were released off a game ranch many many years ago. Not sure if there is still a huntable population or not but talking to ranchers along the river in mesquite would probably be your best bet. My taxidermist shot one off the hafen's property that was pushing 300 lbs and the hafen's had several shoulder mounts in their house that were shot off their fields while changing water at night. All this info is 10+ yrs old or older.

That's awesome intel, I really appreciate it! I'll follow up with the Hafen's and see if they need a hand taking out any hogs, thanks again!
smile.gif

To get to the strip, take River Rd South out of St. George UT. Keep going South, and cross into AZ. You will be in The Strip.

Last edited:
Back