Lip Squeaker Last Night

DoubleUp

I lip-squeaked this 35 lb. male in last night. Shot him at 60 yds., but unfortunately didn't get the video. We had called him in a couple of nights earlier and he got in our downwind and busted us. I knew it was the same coyote because he was hobbling. Evidently he had been caught in a trap at some point and lost part of his left front foot. He was healthy though, so he had been eating somehow.

IMG_0520 by Double Up, on Flickr

nice work... i lost coyote and a trap to a foot once for a few. my s hook came up open on my trap.. luckly there was a light dusting that night i tracked him back down.. he was slow moving with a bridger #3. its incredible how tough them dudes are.

pretty easy peezy tracking this dude
48668820743_738ab18eb2_m.jpg

got my trap and dog back... :p
48669290767_4195b169b1_m.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure you're like I am hunting with your trapping and that is you hate to see an animal suffer needlessly or get away wounded, and in your case the loss of a trap as well. Good job tracking him down. I got this 32 lb. female last night. I'm pretty sure she was the mate to the male, and probably how he was eating so well. I killed her in exactly the same place where he died. I think she smelled him.

IMG_0521 by Double Up, on Flickr

For a minute I thought you had posted the same coyote. Nice work. I noticed the 4 legs instead of 3 haha

I’ve only had one get out w a trap though. I don’t think I had my S hook closed up all the way when I was making my cables.

I have shot 3 coyotes that were missing either a foot or toes, and in one case, a whole hind leg. I was amazed at how well the one missing the hind leg could get around.

Back