Cat Slam

Mtns2hunt

Has anyone completed a cat slam? If so where have you harvested your Lynx. I have the the Mtn. Lion and been chasing a Bobcat for awhile. It will only be a short time before I fill that slot. (Passed on a small one) but now Lynx. Can anyone suggest a good outfitter? Thanks.

My wifes grandpa had a couple jaguar pelts. He hunted them as a youngster in South Murica while his dad was stationed down there.
I heard this after he had passed. When I asked where they were, my wifes uncle said he threw them away not knowing if it were even legal to have them.
Sure would have liked my kids to have jaguar pelts harvested by their great grandpa.
Im sure the DOW has better things to do than go after 70-80 year old taxidermy.
I hope he lied about throwing them away.

Hmmm, is not the Lynx on the endangered list? I have only seen one in NW MT and needed to watch him for some time before I was sure. I have the gopher/ground squirrel slam mostly done, needing only the 5 stripe.

Originally Posted By: trshootemHmmm, is not the Lynx on the endangered list? I have only seen one in NW MT and needed to watch him for some time before I was sure. I have the gopher/ground squirrel slam mostly done, needing only the 5 stripe.

In the US the Lynx may very well be protected in some manner or the other. However, they are hunted in Canada and that is where I am referring too. Sorry I was not clear about that.

I have hunted Canada many times and would not hesitate to go back. Also I am only interested in the Cougar, Bobcat and Lynx. There is very little in South America or Africa that appeals to me at this time.

I have looked at Skinner Creek and several nearby outfits. Its for sure a top of the line place to go. In the past I have hunted Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. Was hoping to find a place like Alberta to hunt Lynx if possible. Skinner creek would be my choice for a Wolf hunt.

BC seems to be the main place to hunt Lynx but I am continuing to research.

Had a small Lynx walk within twenty feet while bear hunting in Ontario. Never saw me but gave me the ich to hunt them.

Last edited:
Back