Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2732905 - 10/20/14 12:11 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
rg Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Ky.
Another good post about making your own lube. Says 8 to 1 mimics the Dillon case lube which is the best lanolin lube I've used.
http://nyshooters.net/forum/showthread.php?1087-Homemade-Case-Lube

#2732928 - 10/20/14 12:59 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Sam55 Offline

Loc: NSW, Australia
Hello I'm new to the forum, also not in the US, know lanolin very well, as we have plenty of sheep, but can anyone enlighten me on what Heet is. From putting two and two together it appears to be a brand name for isopropynol, but I am not 100% sure. Any help will be much appreciated.

#2735071 - 10/25/14 11:11 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: Sam55]
leper65 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Heet is used to remove water from gasoline in cars. We used it a lot in the winter in NY State, you just add to the gas tank. It's 98 or 99% Isopropyl alocohol if I remember correctly...

#2750053 - 11/29/14 03:00 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
msinc Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Maryland
You can get 100% alcohol at a paint store...denatured or wood alcohol. They usually have it by the gallon. It's funny, reloaders have been trying to come up with the ultimate {for whatever reason, usually money} case lube for a very long time. I remember one of my brother-in-laws talking about using STP oil treatment {ala Mario Andretti} 40 years ago. I tried it once when I ran out and it did work, but it was nasty to clean up and it stunk. For days.
I always hate it when some idiot replies to a thread and starts out with "simple, all ya gotta do..." Several years ago that idiot posted to take a ziploc bag, add a few squirts of Dawn Ultra dish soap, dump in the brass and close the zip on the bag. Then roll it around to coat the brass good. Dump out the brass cases on a clean surface and let them dry. Then size. I tried it and been doing it ever since. One thing to buy, zero mixing and effortless resizing. I have formed many 243 and 260 cases from military 7.62X51 {308} cases in one pass.
In regards to Heet...that same BIL with the STP refused to buy any kind of "Dry Gas" type product to get water out of a gas tank and I remember tagging along as a kid while he went to several stores looking for 100% alcohol to substitute...for the gas he ran out looking he could have just bought the "Dry Gas." I used to think is was a Navy thing...spending $50.00 to save .50 cents. I have known many fellows that did this {drive two hours to save $4.00} and every one of them were prior Navy.

#2750076 - 11/29/14 04:00 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
I'm just glad I started using Imperial Sizing Wax before I heard about any of these DIY recipes!
lol

Carl Sagan

#2750360 - 11/30/14 04:26 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: BOWLSEYE]
Diamondback Offline

Loc: CONUS
Originally Posted By: BOWLSEYE
This stuff is awesume. 12oz red bottle of Heet with 1oz of liquid lanolin. I will never by case lube again after using this mix.

You can say that again. It is clean and sizes up just fine in the dies. Thank you for sharing this info!

#2753235 - 12/05/14 10:40 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Trez Offline

Loc: Oregon
This stuff works!
Thanks, it's much easier for bulk reloading.

#2760140 - 12/18/14 04:26 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Bear Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Colorado USA
just ask you local pharmacy they can get you 99% alcohol very easy.

#2774836 - 01/08/15 10:02 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
johnnyjr Offline
Predator Master

Loc: new york
nothing is better than imperial sizing wax or Lees case lube...easy to use..

#2776930 - 01/12/15 08:59 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Ghostman Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Maryland
You'll spend vast amounts of money on rifles, scopes and reloading equipment and you're trying to save a few bucks on case lube? Seriously? only on PM Lol

#2777006 - 01/12/15 11:38 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: Ghostman]
Cast Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
Originally Posted By: Ghostman
You'll spend vast amounts of money on rifles, scopes and reloading equipment and you're trying to save a few bucks on case lube? Seriously? only on PM Lol

Actually, the stuff I make is better than anything store-bought that I have tried. Plus, the convenience factor pushes it right over the top. I lube a full ammo block at a time, or two blocks if I'm loading a bunch of ammo. The alcohol evaporates but the lanolin is still there, and the case neck is perfectly lubed too.

#2777016 - 01/12/15 11:53 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: fw707]
venatic Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: In the right lane
Originally Posted By: fw707
I'm just glad I started using Imperial Sizing Wax before I heard about any of these DIY recipes!
lol

I also used Imperial until I started having to lube 1000 cases at a time.... I still have Imperial somewhere in a drawer if I ever need it again.

I now actually use both One Shot for little batches here and there but use the homemade stuff for bigger batches.

Jack O'Connor 1963

#2785876 - 01/26/15 09:18 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
DANNY-L Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NNY
I mixed a 4oz bottle of oil to 12oz bottle of 91% alcohol. The brass seems way to slippery to where I have to wipe some off so I don't get dimples when I resize. It also clogs up in spray bottle if it sits for a few days. I don't think this is the normal. The label on the oil says 100% liquid lanolin.
When I have alot of brass to do I put it in a gallon ziplock and a couple spays of solution. When the empty bag sits for a few hours the inside of the bag is stuck to itself.

Got it corrected thanks to Furhunter,I was mixing in way to much oil.

Edited by DANNY-L (01/26/15 05:08 PM)

#2798538 - 02/15/15 07:31 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Foggy scope Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Idaho Nez perce co.
ok guys
I have 2 questions for ya.
1. On YouTube there are two videos for the bootleg case lube
In the link above the guy is using the home health liquid lanolin pure emollient oil.
In the other the guy is using the now foods 100% pure liquid lanolin. Are these two products the same?
I can get the home health at wall mart.
By my research lanolin is a solid at room temp and the oil is not so this leads me to believe that there the same. What do you guys say or use?
2. Would this case lube also make a good water puffer for your guns when hunting in the wet
thanks in advance
Ace
P.S. oh I guess that's 3 questions sorry lol

#2806436 - 03/01/15 12:18 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
BuckeyeSpecial Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Ohio
Grouse:

Buy a tin of Imperial Sizing Die Wax and forget about any homemade stuff. A can lasts a lifetime, and anything else hardly merits 28 responses here. Course' if one has to spray lube on cases...invent away!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.