care of . How about those pesky tornadoes over Texas and Oklahoma a
good nuking before they get to any major population centers . And let
us not forget those freezing temperatures the polar vortexes bring
down from Canada , I say nuke them at the Canadian border and push
them right back into Canada where they belong , also the heat from
said blast will save comsumers millioms on winter heating bills. The
man is a genius. TRUMP 2020 MAGA > Make America Glow Again

FWIW he says he never daid it.

The idea dates back at least to a scientist during the Eisenhower administration

so we have another story narrative, based on anonymous sources, who admit to paraphrasing the presidents words.

from the origional axios article
https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes-97231f38-2394-4120-a3fa-8c9cf0e3f51c.html

Quote:Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

from cnn
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/donald-trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes/index.html

Quote:According to the outlet, Trump also raised the idea of using bombs to stop hurricanes during a 2017 conversation with a senior administration official. A source briefed on a NSC memo describing that conversation told Axios that the document does not contain the word "nuclear." According to sources the outlet spoke to about that conversation, despite Trump's interest in the idea, it "went nowhere and never entered a formal policy process."

this is the kind of nonsense that can be spread when people arent taught critical reading and thinking skills.

they get so wrapped up in the headlines, or the first couple paragraph's containing sensational information that they dont read further on for the contradictory information contained in the same article.

when it comes to any statement of theory - it only takes one point of data to debunk it. it doesnt matter if you have 47,000 supporting points - once you find the one thing that disproves it - the theory is officially busted.

and i mean really - how many story's narratives - has the anti-trump media floated based on anonymous sources in the last ~2 years that turned out to be complete nothingburgers. if the number isnt in the HUNDREDS at this point - i dunno if i'd bet a paycheck on the exact number, but i'd surely wager a cold tasty beer on it being a strong 3 digit number.

Project Plowshare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Plowshare

Regardless of what you might have heard suprsongdg, none of these were Trumps idea.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsI heard that Trump wants to apply air bursts from nuclear weapons to put out the fires in California, sure sounds like a good idea to me!

Well, explosions can put out fires...

Originally Posted By: suprsongdgslyr also the heat from
said blast will save comsumers millioms on winter heating bills. The man is a genius. TRUMP 2020 MAGA > Make America Glow Again <

Comsumers saving millioms sounds nagmificent!

I took tech school in Bilouxi MS. That summer while I was there a hurricane formed in the gulf & we expected it to come in near us. It ended up not, but we drank a lot of beer waiting for it that weekend
wink.gif

I really didn't know much about hurricanes at the time. I knew they were big, [beeep] up a lot of [beeep] and could be real dangerous if they were strong enough but I'd never lived any place that got them directly.

Once of the thing I considered at the time was "What would happen it you set off a nuke in the middle of one while it was out at sea? Would that disrupt it enough to end the storm?"

Yeah, fallout was a bad side effect but that wasn't my question. I just wondered it it would work.

Still don't know for sure, but years later I did learn that they're basically heat fueled. That's why they don't happen during the colder months, once the water cools off there isn't enough energy to form & sustain one.

That got me to thinking back to that summer and brought the next question:

Might it end up making it worse? If you blew it apart to some extent but then the blast added even more heat to the water, might it reform as an even stronger storm?

No idea. If it wasn't for the fallout I'd still be interested in trying it once just to see but admit the radiation is a deal breaker.

Back