Redesigned Electric Bike Setup

RandyDB

Wanted to have a lower profile setup where I could swing my old leg over with out catching on equipment. This was my old set up last year.
image.jpg

This is what I came up with. Lower profile, larger capacity bag (CS24 & mojo inside), homemade AR scabbard (PVC, Ethafoam, & vet tape). This scabbard works with all my AR's 16-20-24" barrels.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Chair and shooting sticks fit on rack. Going with a 3 legged stool chair because of al the Cotton planted here. Need to set up higher. Will get flip up scope caps or a scope cover to keep dust off lens.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I used the tube from cotton bale wrap, but PVS pipe would work. 25" long, then cut a 2.5" X 21" from one end, measured the length from front of mag WellPoint rear of grip and cut out a rectangle slot opposite the the 25" cut 1.5" wide..
When you slip the mag well and grip though the slot it holds the rifle in place. Had some polyethylene foam that I cut and glued to inside of pipe on each side then wrapped with vet wrap. Cut slits thru the pipe in four places and used hose clamps to fasten to the bikes rack.

Although I don't have a bike I like your setup. How much does the bike weigh before you load everything on it.

Looks good. I am seriously considering going the ebike route in the near future. A couple of the big ranches I hunt, it would just be the cats butt to cover ground on one. I've looked and the single wheel trailers that a guy can buy look like they'd work to haul a couple of coyotes on, even if just to get them hauled to a two track where I can then come along and load them up.
I could cover so much more ground then walking it all, like I do now.

The scabbard idea is very clever, good work! I love the idea of the bike also, in flat country it would be the shizzle for sure. My RZR is pretty quiet and works great in the hills we hunt around here. I might have to come up with a scabbard rack to use for multiple guns for shooting pdogs out of the RZR. I'm thinking 3 or 4 tubes like yours all fastened together in one unit that could be attached easily when needed.

I stopped at a local sport shop a couple weeks ago. they had something similar w/ a small trailer.

Bike $3695. + trailer $199.. I thought man that is nearly double what I paid for my first car, new, in 1964. The gov has really ruined our money system.

The trailer has a bracket for a gun. In this state I bet the gun better be cased. How about yours?

Last edited:
You can buy a bike like mine for around $1200
I have always cased mine, but this year I'm not. Will see what happens. With the setup I have I can cover it easily.
Our game warden and sheriffs are all level headed.

That tube scabbard is a pretty slick idea. I am getting my rig put together right now, and that looks like something that would work pretty good for me. Thanks for all the pictures and details.

Back