2019/2020 should be great coyote calling in these parts!

derbyacresbob

Two days ago I went out to help a rancher with some cattle work. On my drive out to the ranch I saw lots or rabbits, 6 coveys of quail, one coyote and LOTS of coyote scat on the paved road.

This last spring we had another good amount of rain so that is 3 years in a row that the conditions have been good for the coyotes and the little critters that they eat.

After the cattle work was done I drove down through the ranch on a dirt road to check two of my trail cameras. The coyote tracks and scat were everywhere.

Coyotes, bobcats, a badger and mostly cattle is what I got on my trail cameras.
PICT0062 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156463377@N08/, on Flickr
Seeing 6 coyote pups in the above video with two adults looks very promising to me.

Last edited:
I've taken some time off from my ranches this summer for the first time. I'm excited to get back out there and start calling again!

Nice picture Bob!!

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobCarlos it is a video. Try clicking on it and wait a few seconds then click it again.

Bob, I can't get the video to work. It prompts me to log in on Flickr.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobCarlos it is a video. Try clicking on it and wait a few seconds then click it again.

Great video, Bob. I couldn't get my finger off the trigger (clicked again and again and...........) Some great pics and videos there.

Regards,
hm

We haven't had much rain this year in most places, but the rabbit population still appears to be pretty good, so I have high hopes for a good calling season here too. A couple more months and it'll be time to get out there. I'm ready.

Back