Pulsar firmware update issue "broken file"

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Yotehunter243 updated his trail xq38 and was so blown away that he started second guessing going to a trijicon. That's what convinced me to update my xp50.

Glad his worked out...hard to say why some are good and others are not so good.
It was immediately evident after the download when I turned the unit back on that it was not good...just imagine how it used to be watching TV with rabbit ears...this is how bad it is. Ya, you could adjust the rabbit ears some or put tin foil on them and get it a little better, but they still sucked.
Hopefully I will get mine sent in and they can determine what is going on.

Originally Posted By: G Anderson
It was immediately evident after the download when I turned the unit back on that it was not good...just imagine how it used to be watching TV with rabbit ears...this is how bad it is. Ya, you could adjust the rabbit ears some or put tin foil on them and get it a little better, but they still sucked.

This pretty much sums it up..lol! Mine was very noticeable after the first update but the forest mode was kind of comparable to the id(eye)mode before the update. After the second update all three modes are crap. As far as I am concerned, the id(eye)mode is not even worth using on my Trail right now.

Update: Two days ago I figured what the heck, I will default and see what happens. I did not have any luck with defaulting after the first fw update so I wasn't expecting too much by defaulting after the second fw update. To my surprise, the grainy issue was non-existent and the detail was very good. I tested the scope again last night just to make sure it wasnt a fluke...everything looked great. Both nights were on the muggy side. All three modes are looking good.

It is odd that Gene had luck defaulting his scope after the first fw update and his scope returned to normal but defaulting doesnt help him with the second fw update...while mine was just the opposite...

The last update was released for Trail and Helion users on 8/8/19. If you updated to the one released on 8/8 or anytime after this, you have the most current. You can always check by launching StreamVision, and go into My Devices, and select Check For Update. Typically, it will tell you even before this screen, but this is a way to make sure.

Originally Posted By: KirschThe last update was released for Trail and Helion users on 8/8/19. If you updated to the one released on 8/8 or anytime after this, you have the most current. You can always check by launching StreamVision, and go into My Devices, and select Check For Update. Typically, it will tell you even before this screen, but this is a way to make sure.

After installing this latest FW update, my Streamvision is still telling me I have a new update...I checked on the scope and it shows it is loaded on it. So, Streamvision might still be telling you that you have an update, but it isn't necessarily the case.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223So is there another new update out as of 8-18?

I believe 3.02.000.F is the latest one...the previous one was 3.00.023.F

At least those are the ones that I have received for my XQ units.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: KirschThe last update was released for Trail and Helion users on 8/8/19. If you updated to the one released on 8/8 or anytime after this, you have the most current. You can always check by launching StreamVision, and go into My Devices, and select Check For Update. Typically, it will tell you even before this screen, but this is a way to make sure.

After installing this latest FW update, my Streamvision is still telling me I have a new update...I checked on the scope and it shows it is loaded on it. So, Streamvision might still be telling you that you have an update, but it isn't necessarily the case.

Same with my Trail XQ38. The menu on the scope says I have the current FW version but streamvision says the scope has the prior FW and there is an update available. Streamvision said an update was available all of last winter too but my scooe was up to date. I believe this was a glitch prior to the June FW update and the June update took care of that...I can't remember where I read that. But now it looks like that little glitch is back since the August update.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: varminter .223So is there another new update out as of 8-18?

I believe 3.02.000.F is the latest one...the previous one was 3.00.023.F

At least those are the ones that I have received for my XQ units.
I did at mine last week and now it says that the new one is available but the old one is what's on it. This is what my stream Vision says when not connected to my scope anyway.
I was checking zero on it the other night and out of nowhere it just shut off on me as well.

Last edited:
Mine is headed back to Pulsar...they finally issued an RA# and hopefully I will get it shipped out tomorrow. I hope they get the image quality returned to what it used to be.

Gene

Originally Posted By: igorThis is not inspiring confidence in me to run the update on my new xq38. Espeaciliy when I think I finally have a Pulsar Trail that's HOLDING ZERO YAAAAAA. There is no requirement to update a thermal device. Many manufacturers only update scopes when they are sent back. In reading the Pulsar forums, most users are happy with the new changes. I would say the majority of comments where the user was saying things like "wow, what a difference" seemed to be with the Helions. However, I have been seeing lots of comments from Trail users saying the image improved as well. Of the numerous reports on Pulsars facebook page praising the update, there are a few who said the image got worse.

If you are happy with the way your Pulsar is running, don't mess with it unless you need the features the update is supposed to fix.

Here is the link to the announcement of the new firmware

Here is also a link to the latest firmware explainations for the current production Pulsars.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: igorThis is not inspiring confidence in me to run the update on my new xq38. Espeaciliy when I think I finally have a Pulsar Trail that's HOLDING ZERO YAAAAAA. There is no requirement to update a thermal device. Many manufacturers only update scopes when they are sent back. In reading the Pulsar forums, most users are happy with the new changes. I would say the majority of comments where the user was saying things like "wow, what a difference" seemed to be with the Helions. However, I have been seeing lots of comments from Trail users saying the image improved as well. Of the numerous reports on Pulsars facebook page praising the update, there are a few who said the image got worse.

If you are happy with the way your Pulsar is running, don't mess with it unless you need the features the update is supposed to fix.

Here is the link to the announcement of the new firmware

Here is also a link to the latest firmware explainations for the current production Pulsars.

I wish my scope and scanner looked as good as the 2 side by side images in your first link...I would even settle for it to look like the "Before" image at this point.

Even though my Trail XQ38 has cleared up, I still think it had a cleaner image before the update. I don't think I have seen any before/after pics from the Trail XQ38.
I have also read of other Trail users saying that their scope is grainy after the update.

igor, IMO...I would not update it.

No way at this time. Pretty pleased with it as is. Have an xp50 and they are close to same clarity on base mag and I have always been pleased with the clarity on the xp50.

Back