Line-x or Raptor

NorthBorder

So I want to line my hunting rig, a 99 Jeep Wrangler. The whole jeep body (minus the hard top). Line-x indicated $3000-$3500. Raptor indicated about $2500. I am pretty sure that I would be getting a good job from Line-x. But how about Raptor? Any first hand knowledge or experience with Raptor?

I have used Raptor I applied it on the inside of my cargo trailer and rolled it up about 10”. Overall I’m happy with it and have no complaints. It seems to be pretty tough but I will admit it doesn’t take a lot of abuse It’s a refrigerator cargo so mainly for cleanup. I also hasLine-x on my truck (premium) I feel the Line-x is a little heavier of a coating. My work we have several vehicles with line-x some over 10 years old and take pretty good abuse and has held up great. Our local dealer warrants any problems (not sure if that’s standard or not) It it really comes down to the applicatior and the detail in the prep work I have seen Line-x where it started to pull-up in less than a year due to the surface not being prepped. $2500 for the Raptor seems a little high for the raptor since it’s a DYI yourself I think I spent $200 for the trailer and had some left over but it also depends on how thick you apply.

I don’t know anything about Raptor. But have had 2 new pickup done with LineX they did a nice clean job and I never had a problem with it. How much are you wanting to put in on it, and if you screw it up you can’t take it off? You might see if you removed everything but the drivers seat to get it there would they reduce the price? This way they have less time in the job, but you get it professionally done and a warranty. Just a thought!

im not sure if linex as told you yet or not - but if you've got any rust bubbles or other rust affected area's... putting something like line-x or other similar products over them will not stop nor contain the rust. it'll just keep bubbling up under the linex.

ive talked to them about it and they claim if you bring them a new vehicle they'll guarantee no rust anywhere for years - i beleive it was like 10+ but please dont hold me to that as its been a minute since i talked to them about it.

older vehicles - no warranty other than they'll apply it for you.

just stuff to consider if it hasnt been brought to your attention yet.

Actually for the price you were quoted for doing an entire Jeep that price didn’t seem to bad. I was quoted around 3k for the interior of a boat. Most of the cost is the prep work I was told for the boat if we disassembled it would drop the cost. So if you took seats and other items out you wouldn’t be paying there labor to do that. As Plant said it doesn’t stop rust you’ll need to address rust before hand. The case I saw where’s it peaked was from the surface not being scuffed and cleaned prior to coating.

I think either one would be fine as long as the prep is done correctly.

I made nerf bars for my truck out of 2x4 steel tube, and had them line-exed. That was 15 years ago, and they are holding up like the day I got it done. I plan on that truck going another 15 years and no worries about the line-ex.

Never heard of Raptor so no help there. I've seen plenty of Rhino line, and imo it doesn't compare to line-ex,

Well, I got a written quote from Line-X of $4500 to include blue color where there is blue, black tubs, and a complete undercoat of the bottom of the body. There a few tiny rust spots that are only surface rust (nothing bigger than a dime). A new paint would be in the neighborhood of $5000 to $10,000 to get it looking new again. This is their premium job. They don't do the Ultra there.

Back