Recommendations on good 22-250 coyote ammo?

Originally Posted By: skinneyTry Hornady's with a 50 grain V-max.

This is my go too. Use 55gr in my .223s. Winchester White Box performs well for me at close range, but groups open up inside of 200 yards. Pretty hot round for factory too. I think maybe too hot. I am shooting a 1:14 twist.

I have had 2 Remington 700 VSSFs in 22-250 my first loved the white box Winchester .45gr I have grouped 5 shots under a dime. But my second gun did not like them, it likes 55gr VMax Hornady factory loads. It will shoot them under half inch. Like others had said each gun is different but I would try the white box Winchester’s 45gr box of 50. They can shoot in the right guns!!

I had this set up while I was in an apartment, going to Bible college. I bolted my Rockchucker press on the end of a 1x5 pine board. I then put down a towel on the edge of the Kitchen, and used a "C" Clamp to secure it. I would resize my cases first ( of course. Then I took my time with my RCBS Balance Beam scale to charge, used a LEE Hand Primer. Then set my bullets. After I was done, it all went into a box, slid under the bed! Back then (87-90) I only had one rifle left after selling everything to get there, an old sporterized Model 1917 Enfield 30-06. Tasco 4X scope. I had to drive 35 miles to a public ( free) range, ha. Go for it Pard!

33 Grains of IMR 3031 With any good JHP In the 50-55 Grains, Is AN Excellent proven 22/250 Load FOR Coyotes, Woodchuckes ETC Even IMR 4064 Is Excellent also etc.

Back