New Laws Governing Endangered Species

Where there is a population high enough to support hunting, a season and a quota would make sense. They are fun to hear while out in the woods. I spent many years trapping northern MN and enjoyed every encounter with wolves, I'd hate to see them hunted into oblivion again.

Well in our area of Montana and Idaho I've watched the wolves obliterate our undulate populations. In 1990 the Selway Wilderness was full of deer and elk, now it's a wasteland and a predator pit. Herds have been deemed "unrecoverable" by biologists.

I'll take oblivion of one species for the greater good of many.. besides they aren't endangered at all. Vibrate populations exist in Canada..

Wolves will not be hunted into oblivion unless poison was allowed. There has been a very liberal season in Idaho for several years and wolves have done fine. I'm sure the wolves in the upper midwest would do just fine with liberal hunting seasons. The dog/wolf hybrids in AZ and NM might not do as well with liberal seasons.
The NM and AZ wolves haven't done as well as the wolves around Yellowstone because they are genetically inferior and many of the reintroduced wolves were not "wild" and had a hard time adjusting to living in the wild. Even if federal protection ended, I'm sure the states of NM and AZ would protect the Mexican wolf/dog hybrids.

Originally Posted By: Jim ByersWell in our area of Montana and Idaho I've watched the wolves obliterate our undulate populations. In 1990 the Selway Wilderness was full of deer and elk, now it's a wasteland and a predator pit. Herds have been deemed "unrecoverable" by biologists.

I'll take oblivion of one species for the greater good of many.. besides they aren't endangered at all. Vibrate populations exist in Canada..
Yep. It was all one big political lie at taxpayer's expense. I hope at least 20 or more wolf activists do prison time for their out and out lying about the false narratives about wolves being endangered, when there is practically a bounty on them less than 500 miles away.

Back