My new BMag threaded barrel 17 WSM Heavy Barrel

17 Hornet

I just got my 17WSM Bmag barrel back from JP Grips and Jim did an off the hook good job once more threading a barrel for me.
I shot it and sighted it back in, it sounds with the Dead Air Mask suppressor like a 22LR Unsuppressed. You still get a sonic crack but its not bad on the ear drums.
I normally put the rifle on a shooting rest and get outside in the good lighting, however its almost dark here and I'm tired from working all day
Sorry for the crappy pictures.

The dirt particles you see is from shooting the gun and then taking pictures. I guess its burned powder and wax?

Still learning this version of posting pics so this may or may not work but I was playing with my Bmag and my 338 can awhile back and snapped a quick pic of it with my 338 can, it looks a little goofy and definitely out of proportion with that big ole thing screwed on the end. My rimfire cans are the older sealed TBAC suppressors and aren't rated for the 17 WSM so I nearly always run it with my TBAC 223P-2 suppressor. I have no real way to prove it, but mine seems to always shoot better with the can on, versus off.

Last edited:
As Eric has shown, the 17 WSM is not only a really fun ground squirrel shooter but it's a very capable rimfire cartridge that'll reach out there further than any of the other rimfires.

The only real problem I have with my Bmag 17 WSM is that it has relegated my 17 HMR rifles to the very back row of my safe and I hardly ever shoot my HMR's. The fact that I hardly ever shoot the HMR's wouldn't bother me nearly as much if I didn't have 5-6 cases of 17 HMR ammo sitting on the shelf.
smirk.gif

Back