6.5 Grendel Full Length sizing die

viper

I am having a hard time finding a Forster full length sizing die for 6.5 Grendel. I have the Forster seating die for it. I have looked everywhere I could think to find one. What is another good sizing die you guys like? I don’t know anything about neck bushings and stuff I just keep it simple. I use a forster Ax Press. Any suggestions

Greg I am having some confusion on measuring for bushing. I have some Hornady 6.5 Grendel ammo that is factory. I have some once fired Hornady Grendel brass. Brand new Barrel with about 50 rounds new through it. But I have box of Lapua new unloaded brass I am going to use for working up my loads. Is there a way to tell from the hornady stuff what sizing die I would end up needing if I go with the Redding die? I tried to look up how to do this but it shows using once fired brass in the stuff you want to reload. I won’t have any lapua until I get a sizing die? That’s whats causing me issue!

I woul just load a bullet in that fresh Lapua and nessure it. I would then buy three bushings 0.002 0.003 and 0.004 below the loaded round. This will cover the range of any brass you run into and handle any increased spring back from firing. I don't use expander balls BTW.

Greg

Last edited:
Back