XP-100 22-250

SP’s aren’t for everyone. I got started with them in the early 80’s. I got so ate up with them I didn’t own a rifle for a long time.
I shoot a few thousand rounds a year of 30-30. I like the 308 and have always been impressed with it from day one. My first 308 was on an XP at that time the Encore didn’t exist. Buddy just had to have the XP 308, always regretted selling it. The encore came out and the first barrel I bought was a 308.

Short barreled large caliber wheel guns tend to beat me up worse.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI had a Savage Striker in 308 years ago. It wasn't real fun to shoot either. Shot great but killed on both ends.

I still have one in 308 Win. Yes it is nicely accurate, but it is a beast when one pulls the trigger. I pulled the Burris ELR scope off, and put it on my M1A Scout rifle until I decide what to do with the Striker. I am toying with the idea of re-barreling it with a 6mm something. 6mm CM is probably the best choice for re-sale, if I ever want to sell it, but I have been thinking maybe 6mm Dasher, or a 6mmx47 Lapua would be interesting cartridges, as well. I don't use it anymore, as it was originally purchased for deer hunting in pistol friendly areas of WI. It killed a few deer, but once they lifted the rifle restrictions, it turned into a safe queen. It needs to be converted into something more fun to shoot.

I could easily see it as a lightweight back up to predator hunting with a shotgun, for those dogs that sit out of shotgun range, and bark at me...The Striker would wipe that smile right off their face. Mine has a sling and sling mounts, so it is easy to haul along with a shotgun.

Squeeze

A 6BR would be cool in the Striker as well. Great accurate round and mild recoil. I really need to work on controlling the pistol off bags. Its still new and finding the right form for accurate shots is a learning process right now. With my struggling form and working up loads, makes me wonder if it the shooter or the load but accuracy isn't to good as of yet.

Back