Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3209778 - 08/11/19 02:44 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: pyscodog]
ackleyman Online
PM senior

Loc: Hickville
Here is an interesting thread on another site:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread...ut#Post14040409

#3209785 - 08/11/19 04:33 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: pyscodog]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
It is a shame that so much effort is wasted on gun control when guns are not the problem and tragedies will not be prevented.

If there was effort to eliminate mistakes in the medical field which is possible to be done lives could be saved.

Saving lives is not what gun "Control" is about as we know. Why is this truth lost on so many?
Why is it so hard for so many to understand that when the right to have arms is lost all rights are therefore lost. Why are so many so intent on cutting their own throats.

The real issue of losing rights impacts everyone not just gun owners.
It seems gun owners are fighting the battle to protect the rights of the very people who are trying to take rights from us and therefore their own rights.

Freedom is all that matters in the end.

A good old lever action is hard to beat for a do anything all around gun around the house and field.

#3209875 - 08/12/19 03:27 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: ackleyman]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Originally Posted By: ackleyman
In 1987 in the State of Ca., there was a bill that almost passed that would have banned:

all semi auto 22 RF

All semi auto Shotguns

most semi auto pistols

What is most scary is the "Red Flag" laws that are being talked about, and this is nothing new. A red flag is anyone that has ever been diagnosed with any number of illnesses that take a particular medication.

The medication is tracked by the state and feds, and then you have a new data base of people that are a danger to themselves and others.

The NRA is our only hope, give $ as you can, especially now.

A man was forced to turn in his guns in new york because of a medication he was prescribed. NOT because he did ANYTHING that was threatening or harmful. Not because he was violent but because of the meds. He was prescribed them to help him sleep. Bye bye guns. Way to go Red Flag laws. Stomp the Constitution.

Scary. They will take them without probable cause and without due process then you get to fight to have your Constitutional rights restored.

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3209878 - 08/12/19 04:05 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: SnowmanMo]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Quote:
Scary. They will take them without probable cause and without due process on the unsupported word of an ex-wife or a disagreeable neighbor then you get to fight to have your Constitutional rights restored while your prized property lies in a dusty pile for months, rusting away in the evidence room at some local LEO headquarters and you get to foot the legal bills for all of the above..

There, Jason, fixed it for you.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3210024 - 08/13/19 08:45 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: hm1996]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Originally Posted By: hm1996
Quote:
Scary. They will take them without probable cause and without due process on the unsupported word of an ex-wife or a disagreeable neighbor then you get to fight to have your Constitutional rights restored while your prized property lies in a dusty pile for months, rusting away in the evidence room at some local LEO headquarters and you get to foot the legal bills for all of the above..

There, Jason, fixed it for you.

Regards,
hm

LOL, you did just fine sir.

#3210037 - 08/14/19 01:30 AM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: who me]
Lazerus Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: lost in the desert
Originally Posted By: who me
Originally Posted By: Fursniper
A salt weapon is a gun that shoots table salt. I keep a salt weapon in my kitchen. The magazine holds about 80 rounds. Got my daughter a salt weapon in pink camo too. We are safe with them and never shoot somebody else's food. I hope they don't get banned. Shot an ugly spider with a salt weapon this morning and it came in handy for a moth invasion about a month ago.

Have trouble with yellow jackets(getting flyers)is there a magnum version?

Yes...use coarse sea salt.

#3210039 - 08/14/19 07:51 AM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: pyscodog]
deaddogwalkin Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: SE Iowa
The left is using these shooting to get their foot in the door. They are playing a shell game with everyone. We only want to ban these guns and those magazines. But a few years down the road when everyone else has figured out that none of these did anything to stop one single shooting then the media a long with the left will say "we can make the US safer if we ban these type of firearms or this size magazine." They will keep at it and keep at it. They want one thing and one thing only. CONTROL. And they know that they can't control us without first taking away our firearms. They just push aside the facts that the largest cities that are controlled by the left and have the strictest gun control have the highest gun crimes and murder rates in the nation. I have to laugh every time someone tries to argue with me about gun control. I just pull up the weekend report for what has happened in Chicago over the weekend and tell them if this is how you want the gun control to work then stop talking to me and walk away. They instantly start stammering and stuttering about this and that. I have a couple aunts that are very far left and I can't even sit in the same room as them at family reunions or we get into a big heated debate and they can't come up with any reasons other than they are scary looking. The left wants their foot back in the door and will do or say anything to get it.

Edited by deaddogwalkin (08/14/19 07:52 AM)

#3210060 - 08/14/19 12:12 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: deaddogwalkin]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkin
The left is using these shooting to get their foot in the door. They are playing a shell game with everyone. We only want to ban these guns and those magazines. But a few years down the road when everyone else has figured out that none of these did anything to stop one single shooting then the media a long with the left will say "we can make the US safer if we ban these type of firearms or this size magazine." They will keep at it and keep at it. They want one thing and one thing only. CONTROL. And they know that they can't control us without first taking away our firearms. They just push aside the facts that the largest cities that are controlled by the left and have the strictest gun control have the highest gun crimes and murder rates in the nation. I have to laugh every time someone tries to argue with me about gun control. I just pull up the weekend report for what has happened in Chicago over the weekend and tell them if this is how you want the gun control to work then stop talking to me and walk away. They instantly start stammering and stuttering about this and that. I have a couple aunts that are very far left and I can't even sit in the same room as them at family reunions or we get into a big heated debate and they can't come up with any reasons other than they are scary looking. The left wants their foot back in the door and will do or say anything to get it.

I think Joe Biden said it best in a recent quote, "we chose truth over facts." I do not think that is a Joe-ism, I think that they really do choose "truth" over facts. Truth is what you make it. But facts are facts.

The left, or anti-gunners of any persuasion for that matter have a problem with correlation and causation.

FACT: You cannot have "gun" violence without a gun.
FACT: Guns do not CAUSE gun violence.

Yes, there is a correlation with guns and gun violence and that is the use of the gun in the violent act. Removing the gun does NOTHING to stop violence, only gun violence. That is a correlation. Effecting one variable does not necessarily mean that the other variable will be equally effected.

There are many, debatable possible causations for gun violence and THOSE are what need to be examined. THAT is what freaks out the left. With so many possible variables causing violence how can we ever stop it? The short answer is, you can't. Violence is rooted in human behavior. You will NEVER be able to fully stop violence. So what if you remove guns, you cannot and will not stop violence. Because guns do not cause violence.

The single biggest mass murder event in the US in a school was committed using a bomb NOT a gun. Where is the call for bomb control?

#3210079 - 08/14/19 03:10 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: SnowmanMo]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo
Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkin

I think Joe Biden said it best in a recent quote, "we chose truth over facts." I do not think that is a Joe-ism, I think that they really do choose "truth" over facts. Truth is what you make it. But facts are facts.

The left, or anti-gunners of any persuasion for that matter have a problem with correlation and causation.

FACT: You cannot have "gun" violence without a gun.
FACT: Guns do not CAUSE gun violence.

Yes, there is a correlation with guns and gun violence and that is the use of the gun in the violent act. Removing the gun does NOTHING to stop violence, only gun violence. That is a correlation. Effecting one variable does not necessarily mean that the other variable will be equally effected.

There are many, debatable possible causations for gun violence and THOSE are what need to be examined. THAT is what freaks out the left. With so many possible variables causing violence how can we ever stop it? The short answer is, you can't. Violence is rooted in human behavior. You will NEVER be able to fully stop violence. So what if you remove guns, you cannot and will not stop violence. Because guns do not cause violence.

The single biggest mass murder event in the US in a school was committed using a bomb NOT a gun. Where is the call for bomb control?

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3210690 - Yesterday at 07:26 AM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: Lazerus]
who me Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: south west Idaho
Originally Posted By: Lazerus
Originally Posted By: who me
Originally Posted By: Fursniper
A salt weapon is a gun that shoots table salt. I keep a salt weapon in my kitchen. The magazine holds about 80 rounds. Got my daughter a salt weapon in pink camo too. We are safe with them and never shoot somebody else's food. I hope they don't get banned. Shot an ugly spider with a salt weapon this morning and it came in handy for a moth invasion about a month ago.

Have trouble with yellow jackets(getting flyers)is there a magnum version?

Yes...use course sea salt.

Yes...use course sea salt.

I got some course sea salt, and it does work better.
Puts the yellow jackets on the ground and they stay
on the ground till I can step on them. I guess I
could wait and see if they could fly off.

Thanks for the tip

#3210698 - Yesterday at 10:08 AM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: pyscodog]
Bob Tobergte Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: N. KY.
MOLON LABE!

#3210701 - Yesterday at 11:07 AM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
Every morning I get up, get my coffee, turn on the news and another shooting in Tulsa or somewhere in the US. Its hard to say that something is not wrong and needs fixed. Is it a political problem, a mental problem,a racist problem, or just bad people taking it out on innocent people? I don't know what the answer is to end the mass shootings. Since the beginning of man, we have found ways to kill each other. Anything from a rock or stick to an atom bomb, even an automobile, today is just happens to be the AR 15. Do we start banning everything that has the possibility to cause deadly harm? We all...or most of us know more gun control laws don't work. We have pretty strict laws now and the bad guy still finds a way to get guns, They always have, they always will. Only the good guy suffers from more rules so whats the answer? I don't have one. All I know is taking my guns away just turns me into a possible victim.

#3210757 - Yesterday at 11:52 PM Re: What is an Assualt weapon? [Re: tnshootist]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: western mass
tnshootist, you took the words out of my mouth. In the hunter ed classes we constantly correct students on the gun/weapon thing. As to dividing shooters into smaller groups, I spar with a couple trap shooters almost every week. Not sticking together is our biggest problem.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.