Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3209244 - 08/05/19 01:44 AM Re: Dedicated rifles or multi-task? [Re: 000shock]
BrianID Offline
Predator Master

Loc: El Paso, TX/Idaho
If you are mostly looking for another coyote gun that could be used for deer and pronghorn then I think a 243 win or 6mm creedmoor is your best option.

#3209260 - 08/05/19 11:19 AM Re: Dedicated rifles or multi-task? [Re: BrianID]
000shock Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Dickinson, ND
Originally Posted By: BrianID
If you are mostly looking for another coyote gun that could be used for deer and pronghorn then I think a 243 win or 6mm creedmoor is your best option.

Exactly why those are on my short list! I was more trying to get others opinions on what they use for all of the shooting they do.

I dont like going anywhere planning to shoot and only having one rifle. Targets, whatever i want goes. Prairie dogs, my 17hmr and one of my 204ís both go. Coyotes, a 204 and my next rifle will be along. Not on stand, but at least in the truck. Worst thing i can think of is falling or dropping a rifle and now all you have is a loud, high velocity, inaccurate paperweight! Thats why i personally like the overlap.

#3209435 - 08/07/19 11:20 AM Re: Dedicated rifles or multi-task? [Re: 000shock]
zr600 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: North dakota
I have 3 main rifle i shoot a lot. My calling rig which I have two my ar15 in 6x6.8, and my 22-243 bolt gun. Which one I grab just depends on my feeling and how long of shots are presented on the stand Iím heading to. For deer hunting I have a 270 win Ruger Markii I have had for years. I just built a new big game rifle itís based off a Remington 700 itís a 7mag carbonfiber stock triggertech trigger, criterion barrel, Iíll proably use this deer hunting and anything bigger plus will shoot long range with it some to verify dope charts and just to practice with it for hunting. For prairie dogs and varmints I use my ar mentioned above and my 6.5 creedmoor. For banging steel anything I hunt with I will shoot steel with use it as practice. If you want to be good at shooting your rifles especially at distance you need to shoot them distances to get used to it. Barrels can be replaced. My 6.5 could be used for deer hunting but itís heavy and sucks for carrying.

Edited by zr600 (08/07/19 11:20 AM)

#3210025 - 08/13/19 09:31 PM Re: Dedicated rifles or multi-task? [Re: zr600]
LUCKYDOG Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Huntin' Somewhere In Colorado
Definitely dedicated.

Marlin Model 60 22LR Prarie dogs and plinking
Reminton 700 VTR .223 Prarie dogs and coyotes
Ruger AR 15 .223/556 Prarie Dogs, home defense and yotes
Tika T3 6.5 Creedmoor Deer, Antelope and pigs
Kimber Mountain Ascent 300 WSM Elk and deer
Henry 45.70 Brush elk and deer.

Benelli Montefeltro 20ga ducks, geese, doves, pheasants and rabbits
Benelli M2 12ga Duck, geese

Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.