What is an Assualt weapon?

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: FursniperA salt weapon is a gun that shoots table salt. I keep a salt weapon in my kitchen. The magazine holds about 80 rounds. Got my daughter a salt weapon in pink camo too. We are safe with them and never shoot somebody else's food. I hope they don't get banned. Shot an ugly spider with a salt weapon this morning and it came in handy for a moth invasion about a month ago.

I bought one of these in a yardsale for two bucks, been having a blast with it.

Have trouble with yellow jackets(getting flyers)is there a magnum version?

Back to assault, yes its a word that describes an action. Not a weapon

The word weapon, like tnshootis said, can be anything.(rock,limb, hammer)

My wifes mouth is a weapon that regularly assaults me in public.

Everyone can argue this "word" issue until the cows come home, but when Congress writes the next infringement on gun rights and if it is signed by the President, it won't mean anything. Congress can call a magazine a clip, it will still apply to magazines. They can call it a Mattel style rifle, it will still mean the AR15 style. They can call it whatever, and unless overturned by the Supreme Court, it will be the law of the land.

The Germans were the first to build an assault rifle. It was fully automatic and had a short barrel. They used it during WWII.

Modern Day Sporting Weapons are not full auto.

We really need to go back and have the US Supreme Court rule on the Federal Firearms Act that banned machine guns in 1939. The United States vs Mill 1939 was not fully argued in front of the Court and the court sent the case back down to the lower courts to decide. But Miller died before the courts could take up the case again. Therefore the only thing that the SCOTUS found was that a shotgun with a short barrel was not a regular firearm used by the military and they never did decide if the NFA violated the 2nd amendment IMHO.

In Heller, the court decided that we the people means everyone not just those in the military. And we the people have the right to keep and bear arms not just the military or the State.

I wish that the NRA would find a test case that they can take up to the SCOTUS and get this settled once and for all. No more bans on any guns.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistPersonally I don't call my gun a weapon. It's just a gun. Anything can become a weapon but it is not until the bearer makes the thing a weapon.

I too am tired of assault this and assault that. If someone attacks another with a club I guess that would make it an assault club.

I think all the labeling is just so the antis can separate gun owners into smaller groups according to their discipline making them easier to "assault".

How many of us contact our elected officials (local to national) on issues that are important to us?
Do you do it on a regular basis?
Do you voice your opinions both good & bad?
Do you use language that makes your point without being abrasive?
Do you do it regularly?
If not, why not? It is much more important to take time to voice your opinions to governing officials than to post on a forum. I'm not suggesting that we abandon forums, but we should spend some time letting those in power how we think as well...

In the scenario, I'll take a pump or lever gun....!

No one can truthfully say we don't have a problem with all the mass shootings as of late. But till my dying breath, I'll still say its not a gun problem but a people problem. Perfect example is the moron from Missouri going into WalMart the day after a mass shooting at another WalMart, just to see if his 2nd amendment rights would be honored there. Body armor, AR15 and a pistol going into the store. What a fool. He's lucky to be alive and did nothing to help the gun owners. If this isn't a people problem, I don't know what is. But try to convince the antis of that. SMH!

"Assault" is a verb, an action. It is defined as: To make a physical attack on. Therefore ANY weapon or ANYTHING for that matter that is used to facilitate the attack is, by definition, an assault weapon.

There really is no "epidemic." Yes, anyone losing their lives is tragic, and I am not trying to belittle that. But let's put it into perspective. 74% of all deaths in America can be attributed to 10 things according to the CDC.

Total deaths 2017...2,813,503
Diseases of heart . . . 647,000
Malignant neoplasms . . . 599,000
Accidents (unintentional injuries) . . . 170,000
Chronic lower respiratory diseases . . . 160,000
Cerebrovascular diseases . . . 146,000
Alzheimer disease . . . 121,000
Diabetes mellitus . . . 83,000
Influenza and pneumonia . . .55,000
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis . . .50,000
Intentional self-harm (suicide) . . .47,000

The media and the sheeple LOVE to throw around terms and catch phrases. "Epidemic" has been used to describe recent attacks. But the CDC's official definition of an epidemic is: “The occurrence of more cases of disease than expected in a given area or among a specific group of people over a particular period of time.”

Again, innocent lives struck down is abhorrent and is a tragedy, but nowhere near an "epidemic."

More people will be killed on the Federal Highways this year than with a firearm. More will be killed abusing prescription drugs. More will be killed by medical mistakes.

But those things don't sell advertising time on the air or internet.

The media perpetuates these myths so that they can sell air time and make ad revenues. The anti's seize onto these buzz words and catch phrases to further their anti agenda's.

The rock was the assault weapon of it's time when all cavemen had were their hands.
The bow was the assault weapon of it's time when man was using sticks and rocks.
The muzzleloader was the assault weapon of it's time against bows.
The lever action was the assault weapon of it's day against muzzleloaders.
The Gatling gun was the assault weapon against lever guns.
The Maxim against the Gatling.
The Garand against the bolt action.
The AR-15 is just one of the latest in technological advances.

A gun is an inanimate object. It is neither good nor evil. It is the ACTIONS of MAN that are good or evil. But the anti's can't admit that. Because evil is hard to spot. it can and does look like any of us.

Picture1 by Jason Mosler, on Flickr

Does that look like the face of evil? Because that walked among the public all the while it was slaughtering innocent women. It's name was Ted Bundy. It was an assault man.

Of course we know what Boom Boom Uncle Joe Biden said about facts...

"We choose truth over facts."

That about sums up the logic from the left. Truth is subjective, facts are facts.

In 1987 in the State of Ca., there was a bill that almost passed that would have banned:

all semi auto 22 RF

All semi auto Shotguns

most semi auto pistols

What is most scary is the "Red Flag" laws that are being talked about, and this is nothing new. A red flag is anyone that has ever been diagnosed with any number of illnesses that take a particular medication.

The medication is tracked by the state and feds, and then you have a new data base of people that are a danger to themselves and others.

The NRA is our only hope, give $ as you can, especially now.

It is a shame that so much effort is wasted on gun control when guns are not the problem and tragedies will not be prevented.

If there was effort to eliminate mistakes in the medical field which is possible to be done lives could be saved.

Saving lives is not what gun "Control" is about as we know. Why is this truth lost on so many?
Why is it so hard for so many to understand that when the right to have arms is lost all rights are therefore lost. Why are so many so intent on cutting their own throats.

The real issue of losing rights impacts everyone not just gun owners.
It seems gun owners are fighting the battle to protect the rights of the very people who are trying to take rights from us and therefore their own rights.

Freedom is all that matters in the end.

A good old lever action is hard to beat for a do anything all around gun around the house and field.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanIn 1987 in the State of Ca., there was a bill that almost passed that would have banned:

all semi auto 22 RF

All semi auto Shotguns

most semi auto pistols

What is most scary is the "Red Flag" laws that are being talked about, and this is nothing new. A red flag is anyone that has ever been diagnosed with any number of illnesses that take a particular medication.

The medication is tracked by the state and feds, and then you have a new data base of people that are a danger to themselves and others.

The NRA is our only hope, give $ as you can, especially now.

A man was forced to turn in his guns in new york because of a medication he was prescribed. NOT because he did ANYTHING that was threatening or harmful. Not because he was violent but because of the meds. He was prescribed them to help him sleep. Bye bye guns. Way to go Red Flag laws. Stomp the Constitution.

Scary. They will take them without probable cause and without due process then you get to fight to have your Constitutional rights restored.

Quote:Scary. They will take them without probable cause and without due process on the unsupported word of an ex-wife or a disagreeable neighbor then you get to fight to have your Constitutional rights restored while your prized property lies in a dusty pile for months, rusting away in the evidence room at some local LEO headquarters and you get to foot the legal bills for all of the above..

There, Jason, fixed it for you.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Quote:Scary. They will take them without probable cause and without due process on the unsupported word of an ex-wife or a disagreeable neighbor then you get to fight to have your Constitutional rights restored while your prized property lies in a dusty pile for months, rusting away in the evidence room at some local LEO headquarters and you get to foot the legal bills for all of the above..

There, Jason, fixed it for you.

Regards,
hm

LOL, you did just fine sir.

Originally Posted By: who meOriginally Posted By: FursniperA salt weapon is a gun that shoots table salt. I keep a salt weapon in my kitchen. The magazine holds about 80 rounds. Got my daughter a salt weapon in pink camo too. We are safe with them and never shoot somebody else's food. I hope they don't get banned. Shot an ugly spider with a salt weapon this morning and it came in handy for a moth invasion about a month ago.

Yes...use coarse sea salt.

The left is using these shooting to get their foot in the door. They are playing a shell game with everyone. We only want to ban these guns and those magazines. But a few years down the road when everyone else has figured out that none of these did anything to stop one single shooting then the media a long with the left will say "we can make the US safer if we ban these type of firearms or this size magazine." They will keep at it and keep at it. They want one thing and one thing only. CONTROL. And they know that they can't control us without first taking away our firearms. They just push aside the facts that the largest cities that are controlled by the left and have the strictest gun control have the highest gun crimes and murder rates in the nation. I have to laugh every time someone tries to argue with me about gun control. I just pull up the weekend report for what has happened in Chicago over the weekend and tell them if this is how you want the gun control to work then stop talking to me and walk away. They instantly start stammering and stuttering about this and that. I have a couple aunts that are very far left and I can't even sit in the same room as them at family reunions or we get into a big heated debate and they can't come up with any reasons other than they are scary looking. The left wants their foot back in the door and will do or say anything to get it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deaddogwalkinThe left is using these shooting to get their foot in the door. They are playing a shell game with everyone. We only want to ban these guns and those magazines. But a few years down the road when everyone else has figured out that none of these did anything to stop one single shooting then the media a long with the left will say "we can make the US safer if we ban these type of firearms or this size magazine." They will keep at it and keep at it. They want one thing and one thing only. CONTROL. And they know that they can't control us without first taking away our firearms. They just push aside the facts that the largest cities that are controlled by the left and have the strictest gun control have the highest gun crimes and murder rates in the nation. I have to laugh every time someone tries to argue with me about gun control. I just pull up the weekend report for what has happened in Chicago over the weekend and tell them if this is how you want the gun control to work then stop talking to me and walk away. They instantly start stammering and stuttering about this and that. I have a couple aunts that are very far left and I can't even sit in the same room as them at family reunions or we get into a big heated debate and they can't come up with any reasons other than they are scary looking. The left wants their foot back in the door and will do or say anything to get it.

I think Joe Biden said it best in a recent quote, "we chose truth over facts." I do not think that is a Joe-ism, I think that they really do choose "truth" over facts. Truth is what you make it. But facts are facts.

The left, or anti-gunners of any persuasion for that matter have a problem with correlation and causation.

FACT: You cannot have "gun" violence without a gun.
FACT: Guns do not CAUSE gun violence.

Yes, there is a correlation with guns and gun violence and that is the use of the gun in the violent act. Removing the gun does NOTHING to stop violence, only gun violence. That is a correlation. Effecting one variable does not necessarily mean that the other variable will be equally effected.

There are many, debatable possible causations for gun violence and THOSE are what need to be examined. THAT is what freaks out the left. With so many possible variables causing violence how can we ever stop it? The short answer is, you can't. Violence is rooted in human behavior. You will NEVER be able to fully stop violence. So what if you remove guns, you cannot and will not stop violence. Because guns do not cause violence.

The single biggest mass murder event in the US in a school was committed using a bomb NOT a gun. Where is the call for bomb control?

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoOriginally Posted By: deaddogwalkinThe left is using these shooting to get their foot in the door. They are playing a shell game with everyone. We only want to ban these guns and those magazines. But a few years down the road when everyone else has figured out that none of these did anything to stop one single shooting then the media a long with the left will say "we can make the US safer if we ban these type of firearms or this size magazine." They will keep at it and keep at it. They want one thing and one thing only. CONTROL. And they know that they can't control us without first taking away our firearms. They just push aside the facts that the largest cities that are controlled by the left and have the strictest gun control have the highest gun crimes and murder rates in the nation. I have to laugh every time someone tries to argue with me about gun control. I just pull up the weekend report for what has happened in Chicago over the weekend and tell them if this is how you want the gun control to work then stop talking to me and walk away. They instantly start stammering and stuttering about this and that. I have a couple aunts that are very far left and I can't even sit in the same room as them at family reunions or we get into a big heated debate and they can't come up with any reasons other than they are scary looking. The left wants their foot back in the door and will do or say anything to get it.

I think Joe Biden said it best in a recent quote, "we chose truth over facts." I do not think that is a Joe-ism, I think that they really do choose "truth" over facts. Truth is what you make it. But facts are facts.

The left, or anti-gunners of any persuasion for that matter have a problem with correlation and causation.

FACT: You cannot have "gun" violence without a gun.
FACT: Guns do not CAUSE gun violence.

Yes, there is a correlation with guns and gun violence and that is the use of the gun in the violent act. Removing the gun does NOTHING to stop violence, only gun violence. That is a correlation. Effecting one variable does not necessarily mean that the other variable will be equally effected.

There are many, debatable possible causations for gun violence and THOSE are what need to be examined. THAT is what freaks out the left. With so many possible variables causing violence how can we ever stop it? The short answer is, you can't. Violence is rooted in human behavior. You will NEVER be able to fully stop violence. So what if you remove guns, you cannot and will not stop violence. Because guns do not cause violence.

The single biggest mass murder event in the US in a school was committed using a bomb NOT a gun. Where is the call for bomb control?

35112055543_0e34c7f7ea_o.jpg

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: LazerusOriginally Posted By: who meOriginally Posted By: FursniperA salt weapon is a gun that shoots table salt. I keep a salt weapon in my kitchen. The magazine holds about 80 rounds. Got my daughter a salt weapon in pink camo too. We are safe with them and never shoot somebody else's food. I hope they don't get banned. Shot an ugly spider with a salt weapon this morning and it came in handy for a moth invasion about a month ago.

Yes...use course sea salt.

Yes...use course sea salt.

I got some course sea salt, and it does work better.
Puts the yellow jackets on the ground and they stay
on the ground till I can step on them. I guess I
could wait and see if they could fly off.

Thanks for the tip

Back