What if they ban...

GC

What if they ban all semi auto firearms. Handgun, rifles and shotguns. If you were forced to defend yourself, family and homestead right now without a semi auto do you have any capable non-semi auto firearms to turn to?

I have several bolt action rifles but that wouldn't work well for home protection. But I also have an 870 Wingmaster that would work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI have several bolt action rifles but that wouldn't work well for home protection. But I also have an 870 Wingmaster that would work.

Handgun?

For close range-ish, I'll grab my Rem Tac14 w/arm brace. After that, I'd probably go with either my 44 or 357 Win 94 Trapper.

I'm not really a revolver guy, but I wouldn't mind picking up one of those S&W 8 shot revolvers some day.

Originally Posted By: GC
Handgun?

For home protection, I think I'd rather have the Tac14 or Shockwave, instead of a handgun.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: GC
Handgun?

For home protection, I think I'd rather have the Tac14 or Shockwave, instead of a handgun.

CCW gun?

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: GC
Handgun?

CCW gun?

For a non semi auto CCW I'd probably have to get one of the 8 shot revolvers from S&W. I really like how the Pro Series 627 looks.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: pyscodogI have several bolt action rifles but that wouldn't work well for home protection. But I also have an 870 Wingmaster that would work.

Handgun?

My handguns are all semi autos. With exception of a bolt action pistol, XP 100

I've got a pump 20 gauge and a pump .410 I could use if need be for in the house. But for CCW I don't have anything but semi auto. I used to have a Colt Detective Special and it was a good little CCW revolver. I'd probably look at getting something like that but hammerless.

I have enough of the needed firearms to outfit a small team. I'm light on maneuverable rifles but have one or two that would work.

Greg

Originally Posted By: emptymagSo your basically all admitting you’d turn in your semi autos?

No! It is a hypothetical question. Something for discussion.

Yeah, it's just something to mull over. I took count of the revolvers I have that are readily suitable self defense guns. I have five S&W double actions well suited to the purpose. A 20" barrel with rifle sights for my 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge. And, a 20 gauge Youth Model 870 with a 21" barrel that is good in the house. A few lever action Marlin rifles in .44 Magnum, .30-30 and .45-70 are ok rifle choices. All the lever guns have aperture sights. There is always a pretty good herd of scoped bolt guns for longer ranges.

Edit: That's before they were all lost overboard in the boating accident.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCEdit: That's before they were all lost overboard in the boating accident.
wink.gif

How if they come for them you tell em, yeah there in my house here with me come get em.

Read your own signature line...

Not going to debate or argue with you. Leaving all politics aside the threads intention is simply a "what if" kinda thing. Get ya thinking kind of thing. Have a great day.
smile.gif

Back