Pulsar FXQ38 opinions

Toro

Have a Trail XQ30 that I scan with on the rifle. I'm finally sending it back for the POI shift issue. In the past pulsar has credited me with the purchase price of the returned unit and I was allowed to apply it towards something else if I preferred. From what I understand the XQ30 has be discontinued (Not confirmed yet through pulsar). All the other units in my price range don't have as much field of view as the XQ30. This is important to me because I scan with it on the rifle. I really don't want anything with a tighter field of view. I was thinking about the FXQ38 Clip On. Specs say it has 17 degree field of view, which I believe is greater than the XQ30. I'm just looking for opinions and hopefully someone has experience with the pulsar clip ons. I don't mind not having the bells and whistles that come with the trail but battery life and consistent POI are concerns.

The FXQ38 only has 17* FOV in the monocular configuration. So anytime you have it in clip-on configuration the FOV is much narrower because whatever scope you put it on has magnification. If you need more FOV, a clip-on is not the answer. Pulsars latest firmware update for the Trail should correct the POI shift.

Thank you very much Tom. Please don’t take this as second guessing what your saying, because I know you are extremely knowledgeable about these units,but I thought the last firmware update was for clarity and recording enhancements. I thought the firmware update before this last one was for the poi issue. Second to last one didn’t fix it. I haven’t shot it since the last firmware update because I thought the latest update didn’t have anything to do with the poi problem. I really can’t even see if it holds in different temperature right now cause of the warm weather. I really don’t want to have to return it during January if this poi temperature change shows it’s head again but if you’re telling me that it should be good now, I’ll wait and see what it does.

Originally Posted By: ToroThank you very much Tom. Please don’t take this as second guessing what your saying, because I know you are extremely knowledgeable about these units,but I thought the last firmware update was for clarity and recording enhancements. I thought the firmware update before this last one was for the poi issue. Second to last one didn’t fix it. I haven’t shot it since the last firmware update because I thought the latest update didn’t have anything to do with the poi problem. I really can’t even see if it holds in different temperature right now cause of the warm weather. I really don’t want to have to return it during January if this poi temperature change shows it’s head again but if you’re telling me that it should be good now, I’ll wait and see what it does.

This is a perfect question for Pulsar Customer Service.
blush.gif

817-225-0310
thumbup.gif

Yep. Called them today. They told me to send it back and they would check it out. Confirmed that the xq30 is discontinued and told me that they would decide how they are gonna proceed after they determine if the unit can fixed or not. Thanks again for the info on the clip on. Might just go with the rxq30v core if they can’t fix the unit. From what I’ve been reading it has the same field of view and image quality as the xq30. Don’t really need the extras of the trail if I gotta worry about the poi issue. I haven’t heard of any of these issues with cores. If anyone has experience with the rxq30v core, I’d be happy to hear about it.

Back