Bait Pile Payoff

DoubleUp

I have been playing hide and seek with this male coyote for better than 2 weeks. We killed a female calling last night and when I came home the male decided to pay a visit at about 11:30. It will be his last visit. I hit him a little lower than I intended and heart shot coyotes always run for me, but he piled up over in the cornfield. The 50 v-max from the 16" barrel 223 shot completely through him and exited with about a quarter size hole. The suppressor is a Dakota Varminter 4.0.

IMG_0513 by Double Up, on Flickr

This is the picture of my hunting buddies coyote from last night. A three-legged female that he found with the drone this morning. We couldn't locate her in the corn stubble last night even with the thermals. She was standing straight on toward him and the shot blew her throat out at a little over a 100 yds. I should have his video later today and will post if it turns out okay.

IMG951906 by Double Up, on Flickr

We haven't been much either. It has been so humid at night with the heat that we come out soaking wet if we try to go. Looking for cooler weather for sure, thanks for the reply.

Back