Seeing the sights.

orkan

I get to see lots of beautiful country and neat sights. Snapped a few pics with the DSLR the last few weeks.

Came across this brand new pronghorn while heading across the town. Mom had it hid real well down in a little washout. I don't think it appreciated getting rousted out by the ranger. It stayed put until I was about 5 yards away. I had no clue it was there. If it would have stayed down in the hole, I likely wouldn't have even seen it. Cutest critter on the prairie right there!
xt5AHsGh.jpg

This goat was napping by the road. I stopped, got out, took some pics of him snoozing. I couldn't see much for size, so I got back in and slammed the ranger door. That woke him up. I saw some hardware, so I got back out for some more pics. Nice goat. He needs another year at least, preferably two before he would become a real shooter... but that won't stop some idiot from shooting him this fall if he keeps napping next to the road like this.
IIIi6JMh.jpg

61WAzc9h.jpg

W5RpB5Ah.jpg

The prickly pear bloom is always cool to see. This year they really sprouted. Whole patches of yellow flowers! I've yet to come across a barrel cactus in bloom. It's not too late though!
yn87Mm6h.jpg

Then of course there are the prairie dogs. Surprisingly difficult to get close enough for a good pic. I need a more powerful lens! Can you count all the critters!?!
jSv3ga9h.jpg

Pretty typical sight to see here. Mama with 6 little ones all checking me out.
9fTKIuFh.jpg

This is about as tiny as they get if they are above ground. No bigger than a striped gopher.
7HJjFoah.jpg

Back