illuminated reticle for bear

MISportsman

I'm setting up a dedicated bear rifle for the scope I'm looking into either the leupold vx-3i.or vx-r. Is the illuminated reticle really worth the extra $100?

Originally Posted By: MISportsmanI'm setting up a dedicated bear rifle for the scope I'm looking into either the leupold vx-3i.or vx-r. Is the illuminated reticle really worth the extra $100?

I have a 2-7x33 vx-R with the Firedot reticle and I say it's worth every penny. It's very adjustable so there is no "flaring" and it's great for low light or shooting at a dark background target.......like a bear.

I have a VX6 Firedot.... model being irrelevant IMO u want the Firedot for the exact reasons he said especially a low light situation with a dark animal....bears I would def want DRT if I could ILO mad...…...Good Luck!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

A friend borrowed a rifle from me to take bear hunting in Maine. My scope was a Leupold with standard reticle. Once he arrived and began hunting, he quickly realized the black reticle against a black bear in low light doesn’t work very well. Guide told him the same thing, so yes - an illuminated reticle for a dedicated bear outfit is worth the difference.

Back