I would like to talk about 15 power binos under 600 buck

Aznative

It took me 20 plus years to finally get drawn in Arizona for Pronghorn. I did hunt one season in Wyoming and found 10 power to be limited for sizing the horns at very long ranges. I ended up using my 4.5 to 14x leupold Vari-x 3 to judge horn size. I was looking at Nikon Monarch 16x56 glass, but I've learned they have been discontinued which doesn't sit well with me. How long can they repair them under warranty if they are not manufacturing the parts anymore.

I'm thinking about vortex vulture HD 15x56. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

High magnification binoculars are a specialty and lens quality really comes into play. The minimum I would consider in that power range would be the Meopta MeoStar B1.1 15x56 HD - but they will run around $1,100.00 but you'll have an excellent binocular for that price.

Might consider a small spotting scope such as the Opticron MM3 ED 60 or a used MM3 50 if you can find one. https://www.opticronusa.com/Pages/mm3_60_ga_scope.html You can spend some good money on the eyepiece such as the SDL v2, but it is money well spent.

On the other hand, if you will probably only use this optic for one hunt and then only rarely after the hunt - I probably wouldn't worry about getting anything extra from what you already have, as you probably won't see many, if any at all, that will need precise judging prior to shooting - as the main buck horns will stand out a smidgen from the herd bucks, which can be judged with a good rifle scope. That has been my experience anyway - but I use a quality 8X binocular to look over small herds of Pronghorn in Wyoming. Never have seen a monster during season - hope you have better luck than the rest of us.

I have a pair of Nikons, 10x50. The glass is very clear and I can see a longs ways with them. They aren't terribly expensive and serve my use very well. For what its worth, I use a lot of Nikon optics and can't remember any of them being sent in for repair.

I got 15x70 Barska binocs at a pawn shop for $30. They are the bomb!!! Hardly use the spotting scope anymore out west hunting muleys. Very clear and bright. Don’t be afraid of the low price point...

Back