Looking for a decoy

There are lots to chose from. They are not a waste of time. It will help keep the coyotes eyes off you giving you time to move if needed. I have had my decoy run over a few times.

In open country it is hard to beat the Mojo Critter or clones of it.

A large feather on a stick with a bit of string and a couple of ball-bearing swivels(fishing) if there is a lot of wind where you hunt.

One trick that I've learned is the coyote needs to see it from a distance, if he comes around a bush and there is a spinning decoy in his face he'll bail out like you slapped him in the face most of the time.

Last edited:
I've used the stand alone decoy from FoxPro (the Jack Jr model) with success and no issues. I recently bought an ICOtec Outlaw call and it comes with the attached decoy. So far I'm really happy with it as well. And while I don't have any experience with the MOJO Critter, I do have lots of experience with MOJO's motion decoys for ducks and doves. Never had an issue with them either and they're customer service is top notch, just like FoxPro and ICOtec. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the motion decoys from those three manufacturers. I have zero experience with the Lucky Duck stuff, but hear good things about it as well. Find one on sale and go for it. Here in northeast Indiana, I don't hunt without the decoy. It's been beneficial in keeping the coyotes focused when they come in. Like reb8600, I too have had coyotes completely run over my decoy. Pretty cool to watch!

Originally Posted By: AWSIn open country it is hard to beat the Mojo Critter or clones of it.

A large feather on a stick with a bit of string and a couple of ball-bearing swivels(fishing) if there is a lot of wind where you hunt.

One trick that I've learned is the coyote needs to see it from a distance, if he comes around a bush and there is a spinning decoy in his face he'll bail out like you slapped him in the face most of the time.

+1...

I use the Predator Enticer. The battery seems to last forever and it packs up easy and compact. Look it up on tail-wagger.com, though you might find it cheaper on Ebay. All a guy needs is something simple that has motion to catch an animal’s attention.

Back