MN night vision/thermal law

yoteblaster

I see they now allow the use of these scopes. Did they set a open an closed season for use of night vision for coyotes or is it open year round.

The state statute only allows possession with a firearm while fox/coyote hunting. The DNR will set the regulations for hunting with night vision. The possession statute did put a 1000 dollar fine and 5 year suspension of hunting privileges if trespassing while in possession of night vision. That would include shooting into private property.

I saw that, but in the Reg's it doesn't state anything other than you can use it for Coyote/fox hunting, it doesn't exclude any time periods. I would love to hunt in Oct using night vision/thermos.

Yes the legislature went against the DNR and the CO's on the night vision/thermal issue(possession with a firearm), but we will see when 2019 hunting regs are published what actual hunting use is allowed.

The 2019 hunting regs will state NEW a person legally taking fox or coyote. Is an exception to the it is illegal to possess night vision or thermal while in possession of a firearm.

Glad to see MN, flat out getting this done. I had a fella call me after our state passed SB58 and asked where to start! It's awesome to see these regulations get lifted, instead of the bull$hit ban we're seeing on contests.

Back