Giving it another go night hunting. Most practical under $2k solution

Redrock

Ive been out of night hunting a couple years. Mainley pigs. Ive decided im gonna run bushnell wireless cams i have two so ill be buying a couple more of those. On four set locations. Which i will also deer hunt. Motion activated green feeder lights. Gun lights and hand held thermal.

$2000 budget. Whats the best feeder light going today they dont make what i was using.
Whats the best gun light i know wicked is supposed to be good
And best hand held thermal for the money. I know thats a tight budget. So probably $500 on lights and $1500 handheld thermal.

New, about the only thermal scanner that will get you close is the Pulsar Axion Key XM30 but you are still looking around $1,900 new. The Breech is even slightly higher and you don't get much range with it. However, it is a nice, close range, helmet mounted option. For used, you are probably in the price range of something like a Pulsar HD19a or Flir Scout III 640. If you are buying used, you are rolling the dice as there is probably no warranty on these items. For another $500 or so, you could get new equipment and be guaranteed for at least 3 years.

Another option is to look for a used Flir PTS233 or a Pulsar Core rxq30v. These are scopes but could be used as a scanner. I am a firm believer that if you need a scanner, buy a scanner, but lots of people feel differently.

For a scope you could also go for something like a Sightmark Wraith. For $500, you get a day/night digital scope, and an IR light. Upgrade the light if you need more distance at night for not a lot more.

To heck with lights. Plenty of very affordable digital night vision scopes available. Photon rt or as Kirsh says the Wraith. I would be looking for a used xd19a or hd19a for a handheld. 2k should get you going.

Last edited:
Back