Ruger AR556 MPR anyone using one?

Luna

Does anyone here have any experience or thoughs on a Ruger ar556 mpr rifle? Im looking into a new rifle and this one caught my eye..

Last edited:
Had they been available several years ago I would have saved myself a lot of rebarreling, new uppers & free floated handguards. The standard AR556 is a fine shooting accurate rifle. A friend of mine has a standard one and it is

I have a standard ar556 and love it! Its accurate and fun to shoot. The only thing I would change it the fixed front sight. I had to mount the scope high to not have it interfere.

I have been shooting one. It shoots 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards with most decent factory ammo I have tried and MOA with handloads.
For the money you can't beat it.

Originally Posted By: MISportsmanI have a standard ar556 and love it! Its accurate and fun to shoot. The only thing I would change it the fixed front sight. I had to mount the scope high to not have it interfere.

Why? Explain.

Mine shoots just under 1 MOA with some hand loads I made for my other AR. Those are the only rounds I’ve shot through it. Was really impressed on the accuracy right out of the box. Win. cases, Win 748 (24.6 grains), Federal 205M primers, Win. 64 grain Power Points.

I put a Leupold Freedom 3x9 in a Burris P.E.P.R. mount with a Trijicon RMR mounted on top of the scope ring. I also installed a Timney Calvin Elite 1.5 lb. trigger. What a great rifle it has been.

Back