Where do they find these people?

tripod3

USPS employees kill me spouting off idiotic outdated things that may or probably not be true.
Today no delivery, Alert says-No Access. Amazing as I have no fence and my wheelchair rolls in everyday. Just how wide is she?
One time they told me they were not allowed to dismount. First off were not talking horses here and I call BS because they can dismount.
Another time they stated they could not ship a firearm and hoisted this huge book on the counter, took two of them, then three and finally four. Then they accepted the packaged firearm grudgingly.
I could go on for days, the last rate hike should have fixed the stupid part!

Here's one for you. Last rifle I shipped through USPS I took to the local PO. Told the lady what it was and she replied " They told us not to fool with them." I asked her who was "they"? She wouldn't say so I drove to another PO 5 miles away and shipped it no problem.

All PO not equal. If you ever try to ship a parcel and are told it is oversized so cannot be shipped, take it to a "rural" PO, they can accept parcels larger than urban PO.

Regards,
hm

They are not supposed to get out of their vehicle. Given that you are in a wheelchair, you can apply for a hardship and then they can dismount and bring things to your door. Same as every other workplace 10% of the people do 80% of the work, know the rules and actually a crap.

Originally Posted By: Bits'n'PiecesThey are not supposed to get out of their vehicle. Given that you are in a wheelchair, you can apply for a hardship and then they can dismount and bring things to your door. Same as every other workplace 10% of the people do 80% of the work, know the rules and actually a crap.

If they are not supposed to get out of their vehicle, how do they deliver to some businesses. How do they get you to sign for a package that requires a signature. Most apartments they must get out to put the mail in the boxes or take packages to the managers office.

Originally Posted By: reb8600
How do they get you to sign for a package that requires a signature.

stick a note in your mailbox to make you come pick it up at the post office usually - at least if your carrier is a lazy effer like mine is.

which is what makes me happy i have to have a UPS Store mailbox for work... post office HAS to carry packages into that building to give to the clerks at the desk...

Back