22-250AI vs 22 Creed

I love my 22 Creedmoor, especially now that great Alpha brass is available. It will shoot anything from 55 grains to 90+ depending on what I am trying to accomplish.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI think most people shooting the 22CM shoot heavy for caliber bullets, which is fine if thats your thing. On the flip side, many of us just go to a larger caliber. Nothing wrong with that either if that is what you prefer. Just because we/us prefer light fast bullets doesn't make us any more wrong than those defending the CM and heavy bullets. As long as you do it on your dime, I could care less one way or the other.

Then buy a 6mm, something. CM is a marketing JOKE.
The 6,5 CM is just the 100 year old 250-3000.
The joke is on you if you fall for this crap.

The creedmoor is far from a marketing joke. 243 can’t touch a 6mm creed in velocity and you good luck getting a 243 AI to cycle in an AR10. Maybe you just don’t have a use for one and that’s great but to pretend that it’s all a marketing scam is just crazy.

Originally Posted By: willy1947Originally Posted By: pyscodogI think most people shooting the 22CM shoot heavy for caliber bullets, which is fine if thats your thing. On the flip side, many of us just go to a larger caliber. Nothing wrong with that either if that is what you prefer. Just because we/us prefer light fast bullets doesn't make us any more wrong than those defending the CM and heavy bullets. As long as you do it on your dime, I could care less one way or the other.

Then buy a 6mm, something. CM is a marketing JOKE.

I don't think I would necessarily call it a marketing joke. If the 25-3000 was such a saweeet cartridge it should of taken off, unfortunately for Savage hardly anyone has heard of it. I would call the Creedmoor a marketing success if anything, the exposure and sales I would assume have easily surpassed that of the 25-3000.

Sure the CM is newer, more "popular" and liked as well as, disliked by many. BUT there is a performance gap that it is filling. There is a functional application people are using it for, thus the demand, thus the interest, thus the popularity.

IF it exceeds my positive experience that I've had with my 22-250's, I'll gladly expose the results based on kills, not paper holes, or chrono readings.

The F150 is a great truck, it's got it's place. BUT is the Raptor a marketing joke? Na... because there is a market, an application, and it's functional to many people who actually use it.

Originally Posted By: willy1947Then buy a 6mm, something. CM is a marketing JOKE.

There's a joke here alright... but it isn't on us.

Well, aside from having to fire form brass, I haven't heard what the 22 Creed will do that the 22-250AI won't. Before brass was available for the 22 Creed, how did you get brass? I assume you had to make it. Not much different than fire forming aside from fire forming is load and shoot. Today there are companies that offer fire formed brass for sale so one could actually take that out of the equation. Which one is better........guess that depends on who your talking to. I'm sure the Creed's all have plus's. To say its not a marketing ploy?? In today's market, if a custom 22-250AI and a 22 Creedmoor were side by side for sale,the Creedmoor is probably the one that goes first. But this is just my opinion. Rifle companies are in the business to make money and its a fact that right now the Creedmoor is a main ticket item.

If the 22 creedmoor was a marketing ploy, don’t you think one large manufacturer would be making them? The 6 creed is in a class of its own for the 6mm family. I never did like a 6.5 creedmoor but that case has led to some really great chamberings

Originally Posted By: reaper4If the 22 creedmoor was a marketing ploy, don’t you think one large manufacturer would be making them?

Give it time!

I’m sure they will be making them in the future. After all, they sling heavies in a gas gun at a pretty fast clip. Something that outperforms the 250 in a gasser and is a hammer on hogs and coyotes. It seems like the contest predator hunting world is getting pretty hot and heavy into the creedmoores and I’m telling you it’s not because of the name.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell, aside from having to fire form brass, I haven't heard what the 22 Creed will do that the 22-250AI won't. What does a 22-250AI do that a 22 creedmoor won't?

See... sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

If all you wanted was validation of your previously held belief, and weren't going to listen to any facts... why did you start the thread? Don't bother answering, as I'm done with this ridiculous game some of you are intent on playing.

Originally Posted By: UtahcallerAgain it boils down to personal preference. The 60 grain Bergers and .22-250AI have worked great and really hammers the Coyotes......

I shot a bob cat in half with that load, ai, 60g Berger at 3700, 12T.

I am sure that a 22 Creed configured the same would do exactly the same thing, exactly.

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell, aside from having to fire form brass, I haven't heard what the 22 Creed will do that the 22-250AI won't. What does a 22-250AI do that a 22 creedmoor won't?

If all you wanted was validation of your previously held belief, and weren't going to listen to any facts... why did you start the thread? Don't bother answering, as I'm done with this ridiculous game some of you are intent on playing.

Bye!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWell, aside from having to fire form brass, I haven't heard what the 22 Creed will do that the 22-250AI won't. What does a 22-250AI do that a 22 creedmoor won't?

Bye!

Really?! And you're how old?

Originally Posted By: B23They are pretty much ballistic twins, so if you were starting out and didn't have either, for me, it would be an easy choice and I'd go with the 22CM all day long. Mostly, because you can buy good 22CM brass that is ready to go with no fireforming and why not skip that step if you can.

But, if I already had a 22-250AI that I reloaded for, unless I just wanted something different, I'd likely rebarrel it right back to another 22-250AI.

Here was your reply B23. Came off the first page.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: B23They are pretty much ballistic twins, so if you were starting out and didn't have either, for me, it would be an easy choice and I'd go with the 22CM all day long. Mostly, because you can buy good 22CM brass that is ready to go with no fireforming and why not skip that step if you can.

But, if I already had a 22-250AI that I reloaded for, unless I just wanted something different, I'd likely rebarrel it right back to another 22-250AI.

Here was your reply B23. Came off the first page.
Ok, and your point is???

Originally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: UtahcallerAgain it boils down to personal preference. The 60 grain Bergers and .22-250AI have worked great and really hammers the Coyotes......

I shot a bob cat in half with that load, ai, 60g Berger at 3700, 12T.

I am sure that a 22 Creed configured the same would do exactly the same thing, exactly.

For a good Coyote Killing bullet 0-300 yards that 60 grain Berger is a hard one to beat. And it is surprisingly adequate on fur for Coyotes, sounds like a different story on Bobcats though. I started off at 3800 fps with them but since I cut off a few inches of Barrel Length for a Suppressor I am getting close to 3700 fps. Still kills them about the same.

Utahcaller, have you ever shot any 60g V max in your ai?

I have boxes on the shelf I have not touched yet.

I believe that with a 62g Speer Gold Dot in the 22/250 ai or the 22 creed, this would be all the deer rifle that a a guy would ever need at moderate distances.

Back