24 bit Sound Files

Ben Jimmy

I know that most all ecall brands will play sounds other than the ones in their own library as long as they are 16 bit mp3 or wav files. I also know that the higher end FoxPro’s will play 24bit files. My question is will other brand ecalls play the 24 bit files or are they 16 bit compatible only? I’ve tried to look up the specs from each company but most just say compatible with mp3 & wav files and don’t specify the bit rate limits. I ask because I have many 24 bit files and would like to know what all options I have should I buy a new call. Thanks

If you are asking about playing Fox Pro sounds on other calls, the answer is no. Fox Pro sounds will only play on Fox Pro cal all’s.

That’s not what I’m asking at all. I’m asking if any ecall brand other than FoxPro can play 24bit files? I know the higher end FoxPro units like the Fusion, CS24, Shockwave, etc will play 24 bit but was wondering if other ecall brands could do the same? I don’t believe they can but I’m not 100% sure because it’s not specified in the call specs on the websites I’ve looked up.

Back