Pulsar Trails being discontinued?

case-nh

Just read a post on Facebook to this effect. Any information on this? Really like my XP50. Only thing I would upgrade it to would be the XP50 with LRF.

If the xq series aren't having an issue with p o i shift then I'm guessing it isn't the design of the scope and it is something in the core. If the core is the same in the XP thermium line then will the problem exist? From what I have read the thermium also has a smaller battery that won't last as long.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223If the xq series aren't having an issue with p o i shift then I'm guessing it isn't the design of the scope and it is something in the core. The POI shift issue impacted both the Trail XQs and Trail XPs. The firmware update released to address the issue was for all Trail models, not just the XP line.

It also was not reported to impact the Apex or the Pulsar Core. It was specific to the Trails.

I've always had the suspicion that the heat sink on the Trail models was responsible for the POI shift allowing significant internal temp changes particularly in very cold climates. I know my hunting partner had trouble with his Trail earlier this summer on hot nights above 80 degrees it would start to "snow" in the lower half of the screen. I think the heat sink was causing it to over heat in hot weather. Anyway he sent it in and they recalibrated it and changed out the viewing screen I believe he said. It's been so hot here we really haven't been enough to know if it is actually fixed. My Apex has never missed a beat. It doesn't seem they included that heat sink with the Thermion models.

Back