Census

Wondering if it is just a coincidence that the census is being taken next year and there has been a surge in illegal immigrants coming across the border prior to it. Seeing what is going on, I wouldn't doubt that the Democrats are deeply involved in trying to get as many illegals counted as possible, something just isn't right when they are against asking "are you a US citizen" on the form!

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsWondering if it is just a coincidence that the census is being taken next year and there has been a surge in illegal immigrants coming across the border prior to it. Seeing what is going on, I wouldn't doubt that the Democrats are deeply involved in trying to get as many illegals counted as possible, something just isn't right when they are against asking "are you a US citizen" on the form!

"are you a US citizen"?? necessary to find out how many of us there are, the purpose of the census. Non-citizens(illegals mostly) are NOT citozens contrary to something becoming popular opinion..
Census has been taken every TEN years, not by coincidence, for couple hundred years.

The citizenship question has been on before but was removed by BH Obama, non citizen.

The original purpose of the census was not to find out how many houses there are w/ millions of toilets, avg income, but how many citizens there are.

Originally Posted By: Article I, Section 2 of the United States ConstitutionRepresentatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative; and until such enumeration shall be made, the State of New Hampshire shall be entitled to chuse three, Massachusetts eight, Rhode-Island and Providence Plantations one, Connecticut five, New-York six, New Jersey four, Pennsylvania eight, Delaware one, Maryland six, Virginia ten, North Carolina five, South Carolina five, and Georgia three.

Regards,
hm

The members of the House of Representatives is fixed at 435 or one member per about 700,000 people. There are an estimated 11 million illegals. If the illegals are counted, that skews the numbers for the states with the most illegals compared to those states with the fewest number of illegals..

Will the question matter, not really it is a "feel good" thing for those that are dumb enough to believe that illegals would be truthful when filling out the census form. My guess is most of the illegals have always ignored the goverment census, less contact relates to less chance of being caught.

This question compares to being pulled over by LEO and he says "My radar is broke, but I know you were speeding, how fast were you driving?" How honest will you be?

Even though I believe this is all BS, I do believe the question should be on the census form. My home state Texas could possibly lose a seat r even 2 in the House.

Quote: My home state Texas could possibly lose a seat r even 2 in the House.

I've got one in deep S. Tx. I'd be happy to lose.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThe members of the House of Representatives is fixed at 435 or one member per about 700,000 people. There are an estimated 11 million illegals. If the illegals are counted, that skews the numbers for the states with the most illegals compared to those states with the fewest number of illegals..

Will the question matter, not really it is a "feel good" thing for those that are dumb enough to believe that illegals would be truthful when filling out the census form. My guess is most of the illegals have always ignored the goverment census, less contact relates to less chance of being caught.

This question compares to being pulled over by LEO and he says "My radar is broke, but I know you were speeding, how fast were you driving?" How honest will you be?

Even though I believe this is all BS, I do believe the question should be on the census form. My home state Texas could possibly lose a seat r even 2 in the House.

The illegal alien estimate has been 11 million for the last two decades. It's probably at least more like 40-60 million illegals in the USA by now.

Yea! And don't forget, everyone of their children born here is a US citizen, sort of like if you rob a bank for millions your kids get to keep the money!

Sense the census can’t be changed to ask the question if your a citizen. Then maybe it needs to be changed to make it a crime to fill out a census if your not a US Citizens. Then these sanctuary cities will not get any benefit of the extra numbers?

Originally Posted By: viperSense the census can’t be changed to ask the question if your a citizen. Then maybe it needs to be changed to make it a crime subject to immediate deportation to fill out a census if your not a US Citizens. Then these sanctuary cities will not get any benefit of the extra numbers?

BINGO!
thumbup.gif

ETA: Only way to improve on that idea is by addition of 4 words ^^^^.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Back