Zeiss Optics

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3207059 - 07/01/19 03:43 PM Browning trail cam life expectancy
Wood Smoke II Offline

Loc: Georgia
I have two older Browning Strike Force Elite trail cameras that I purchased in 2015 or 2016. So far so good with both of them. Both stay out in the woods on a small piece of property in north GA most of the year & I only check them every so often. More in the fall & winter but almost not at all in the warm weather. They take great pics & videos & battery life is quite long. Iím just curious if they have a useful life span and how many years I can hope to get out of them. Any comments or experiences with camera longevity? Thanks.

#3207075 - 07/01/19 08:38 PM Re: Browning trail cam life expectancy [Re: Wood Smoke II]
emptymag Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Minnesota
Iíve had some that donít work new regardless of brand so Iíd say your ahead of the curve.

#3207099 - 07/02/19 05:08 AM Re: Browning trail cam life expectancy [Re: emptymag]
Wood Smoke II Offline

Originally Posted By: emptymag
Iíve had some that donít work new regardless of brand so Iíd say your ahead of the curve.

These cameras have pretty much been flawless so far. Lots and lots of videos and still pics, and image quality is very good even when set at the next to best/highest image resolution. Leaving them out in the woods for months & months on end results in a ton of usual deer pictures & lots with nothing in them except little critters like squirrels & birds, but once in awhile I get a great shot of a mature gobbler or a big black bear at night. If they ever finally do fail, then Iíve got a lot of use out of them and most likely would get the same Browning to replace them.

#3207103 - 07/02/19 08:02 AM Re: Browning trail cam life expectancy [Re: Wood Smoke II]
TheOpticZone Offline
PREMIUM Sponsor

Loc: Michigan
I have 5 of them that I use and I am happy with them. They have performed as expected. I have a couple of the cheaper models and the picture/video quality is not the greatest, but they work for what I need them for. I have been using them for about 5 years so far. Love the battery life. Can get almost 4-5 months out of a set.

1-877-564-0286
Check out our homepage for great saving coupons and chances to win great prize!

The Place for all Your Optic Needs!

#3207244 - 07/03/19 06:38 PM Re: Browning trail cam life expectancy [Re: TheOpticZone]
Wood Smoke II Offline

Originally Posted By: TheOpticZone
I have 5 of them ........

With 5 cameras, ever briefly forget where you put one after leaving it out and extended time? Iím going to check cards & batteries in my two on Friday, and honestly I had to think where I moved one of them back in March! rolleyes

Edited by Wood Smoke II (07/03/19 06:38 PM)

#3207733 - 07/11/19 12:58 PM Re: Browning trail cam life expectancy [Re: Wood Smoke II]
TheOpticZone Offline
PREMIUM Sponsor

Loc: Michigan
I would say yes. I actually have 9 out, so sometimes I mark it down on the topo. w00t

1-877-564-0286
Check out our homepage for great saving coupons and chances to win great prize!

The Place for all Your Optic Needs!

#3207746 - 07/11/19 04:15 PM Re: Browning trail cam life expectancy [Re: Wood Smoke II]
TXCOONDOG Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: TX
I put mine on public land and use my GPS to mark each location

Moderator:  reb8600 

© 2000-2008 Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.