AAC M4-2000 supressor pressure questions hold up to a 22 nosler?

Nightprowler6

Hi all!, when i bought my can 14 months ago my Remington r15 vtr.223 was a yote killer! On shot flops, now i have poi issues, has anyone used this can on a .22nolser? Thinking of a flatter yote round and looking at rebarreling to the 204 or 22 nos. I heard from one guy that did it but the pressures seem a little high. Out of my 22" barrel the can is crazy quiet! I think the 204 would be quieter than the 22nos.

Last edited:
What do you mean by POI issues? If it shifted, that is normal when you suppress. It is also common for more pressure as the can is holding in gases.

Well long storie befor the supressor came just after i orderd it,barrel is factory tight but not free floated. I sight in off my sled and 200 yds im in a 2" group with thermal, than go out and humt off tripod and shoot and miss a yote high, go back to sled and every shot hits 4"high so drop my sights re zero and go hunt! Mext yote shooting off sticks i shoot and miss 4" low. Go back to sled every shot 30+ stacks tight 4"low. It goes back and forth when i resight in. Once something shifts it stays, tryed 3 different thermals and bases now going to try a glass scope. Thats why i. Thinking of getting a different cal or upper. The gun was spot on the first 2 years and now when it moves it stays not like a flex or anything same amount up and down every time i go from sighting in to hunting off tripod, gun has a rail mount just after the mag. Sight in, hunt 4" high, resight in hunt shoot 4" low, resight in hunt 4" high it patterens great just shifts than stays there untill i re zero

Last edited:
Sight it in with the can on. Also, mark can and mount when tight together with paint pen or wife's nail polish. If removing and reinstalling can, make sure mark lines back up. Sight in off same sticks you use for hunt in same place you put them on barrel.

Last edited:
Finally got time to play with the tripod and shooting sled at the same time from one to the other and it seems shooting off the tripod it hits 3" low at 75yds. I beleave theres way to much slop and play in the tripod causing it to pull low. Im going to buy a better tripod (premose trigger stix with a ballhead) is whats all stacked up. If this fixes my issues ill stick with my .223 hornady 55v-maxes. They were bang flops for me 90% of the time pre tripod, hence hitting where i was aiming lol

I don't think you'll be happy with the trigger stick and a ball head. I did that and found there is a lot of flex in the trigger stick part below the ball head. It doesn't give you that rock solid feel that you get off a tripod like the night stalker from night goggles.

Love my trigger sticks, have shot around two hundred or so coyotes off of them. Really like the way I can go from sitting to standing with just a squeeze of the trigger and quite as a mouse. Dont know bout any Ball heads but the standard yoke works great for me. Heck theres been several times I've had to move quickly on stand and had to fold them up like a Mono stick while moving through the bush, and have worked just fine, not quite as steady but you know thats the case and work around it. As far as POI changes always, always sight in in with the equipment you are going to hunt with and try to stay as consistant as you can! If your 55's were shooting great there is no reason they should change except your form and shooting position. Always stay on the forearm of your stalk and not on the barrel. Work on form and you'll be knocking them down again just like before.
Good luck and happy yoting!

I too have the Primos Jim Shocky triggers sticks. Have shot coyotes with them. Love the quick, quiet set up & how light they are. They also dropped my rifle TWICE when a leg collapsed !!!

Just pure dumb luck nothing was damaged. I now use night stalker from night goggles. They are heavier, slower to set up & STURDIER !!!

Yea sitting down in my seat with the smaller trigger stix, also standing and resting my gun on the yoke it was all good. Than i swithced to the ballhead and quick detach thats mounted to my forearm guard just infront of the mag. Its (not) free floated eather. But im working on that. I have had the trigger stix tip twice on me but caught it both times. Not sure how to post up a pic otherwise i would

Back