Prairie dog binocular suggestions?

TripleDeuce660

I am looking for suggestions on 2 pairs of binos for prairie dogs. Right now I use 8x50 with a 6.5 degree view angle and it works ok. I wear glasses.

Looking for a large 10x pair 50mm for the bench and the truck. So far I like the sightron SII.

I also want to get a small lightweight pair to keep in my pack as the big ones I have now suck to have around the neck while walking around and shooting off sticks. Again thinking 10x with widest view angle possible but it looks like the view angle gets smaller with smaller size. 8x might be ok though as I can't shoot accurately from sticks nearly as far as a bench.

I would like to keep the budget for the big pair in the 150 to 250 range. The small pair 100 to 200 with cheaper being better as they get beat up walking around. I will not buy vortex or athlon.

Thanks in advance!

I have been more than happy with my Vortex Diamondbacks. Not sure what to recommend in that low price range since you don’t want Vortex.

You'd be best off looking at a porro prism like a Nikon Action series or similar nin order to get decent quality in a lower priced unit.
There's also Athlon Talos which is worth a peek

Doug

If you dont want athlon or vortex, get whatever floats your boat for the truck/bench. Look through a bunch before you buy and see what you like. For your pack, get something else with a no questions asked warranty. That way if/when they get trashed they can be exchanged. I picked up a used pair of athlon binos and i couldnt be happier with them. If i would have gotten new, doug (above) is the guy to talk to. When i asked previously he had a list of manufacturers with the best support.

Back