OLY ARMS UMAR 22-250

looks like $1,400 new for the fluted one. The AR market is crap right now ( actually all gun stuff), but if a guy really wants it, that’s a unique caliber. I’d try for $1,050-$1,150 shipped.

Something I have noticed, pieced together guns, even though the parts are good quality, don't bring the money a factory gun brings. This is what I noticed at local gun shows and pawn shops.

Last edited:
I've been very happy with mine (although I had to replace one of their $100 proprietary mags), but they might not fetch their former price for two reasons: (1) Oly's out of business and (2) Buyers now have the option of 22 Creed/Nosler/Valkyrie (although who knows how long some/all of those newcomers will last).

Thanks for the intel, Harvey. That's good to know because Oly made some neat hardware.

I was going off press info from several years ago (only a few months after I bought my UMAR).

Here's a cut from Harvey's link:

"Update 3-12-2018
As has been announced on previous occasions, Olympic Arms is working through the process of transitioning into new ownership. This process with a corporation that has more than 42 years history, industry innovations that have led to dozens of patents and mounds of intellectual property - takes quite some time to sift through and guide into new ownership. With each step, new legal and procedural hurdles are discovered that must be jumped, and the process still continues.

We apologize that this process has taken much longer than anticipated, and we appreciate your kind words of encouragement and patience as we move forward.

In the meantime, Olympic Arms remains open for business to both Dealer and Retail customers. While some product lines have been suspended and other areas of production refocused, we have no intention to cease production and have every intention to continue in operation until the conclusion of this transition. We are confident that there will be an Olympic Arms moving forward. Continue to buy with confidence, and we will continue to be here to provide the quality customer service you have come to know and expect.

Our retail storefront is still open for local walk-in business as well, with hours of operation from 7:30 – 4:00 every weekday unless otherwise noted. Olympic Arms can be reached by phone from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. Feel free to contact us via email at info@olyarms.com with any questions or comments."

Originally Posted By: WyodoggerI've been very happy with mine (although I had to replace one of their $100 proprietary mags), but they might not fetch their former price for two reasons: (1) Oly's out of business and (2) Buyers now have the option of 22 Creed/Nosler/Valkyrie (although who knows how long some/all of those newcomers will last). I would also add, there are now two other manufacturers and maybe more making 22-250 ARs (Alex Pro and Specialized Dynamics)

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: WyodoggerI've been very happy with mine (although I had to replace one of their $100 proprietary mags), but they might not fetch their former price for two reasons: (1) Oly's out of business and (2) Buyers now have the option of 22 Creed/Nosler/Valkyrie (although who knows how long some/all of those newcomers will last). I would also add, there are now two other manufacturers and maybe more making 22-250 ARs (Alex Pro and Specialized Dynamics)

I believe that the AP and SD are both in the larger AR-10 and much heavier.

Originally Posted By: No Off SeasonI believe that the AP and SD are both in the larger AR-10 and much heavier. All depends on what you call heavy. Yes they are in the AR-10 platform due to the size of the cartridge. The LRPR SD model I have weighs in just under 10lbs, and it drives tacks. My hunting partner runs the Alex Pro version, and he ordered it with a lighter barrel to get it around 10lbs as well. Both guns are still heavy but honestly I really don't notice a whole lot of difference after carrying it around an entire day vs my AR-15. I pulled up the Olympic Arms page and their lightest version appears to be 9.9lbs, so basically the same.

If weight is that big of a deal, you could also go to a carbon barrel in the Specialized Dynamics build ($350 more), and I believe it shaves off another 2 lbs.

I looked at the alex pro 22-250’s. There’s a video of them shooting sub MOA at 200 or 300 yards. But what turned me off was the odd ball specialized $300 CNC magazines required to shoot it. I passed on the gun for that reason and went with a 243 instead so I could use any AR 10 style mag.

If your Olympic arms is not pieced together I would think around $800 to $900 from the right buyer...or maybe more. If it’s a builder you’d be lucky to get half of that. The problem is the market is so soft right now you can build a brand new gun for literally nothing. I put together my 22” 243 this past winter for $650.00. with prices dropping the same set up, if I built it today, would cost me $530.00! Your better off to keep it till the election starts.lol it will be worth $3G or more to right idiot when the scare hits.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI looked at the alex pro 22-250’s. There’s a video of them shooting sub MOA at 200 or 300 yards. But what turned me off was the odd ball specialized $300 CNC magazines required to shoot it. That is one advantage of the SD 22-250, it uses standard AR-10 mags.

Originally Posted By: KirschOriginally Posted By: DultimatpredatorI looked at the alex pro 22-250’s. There’s a video of them shooting sub MOA at 200 or 300 yards. But what turned me off was the odd ball specialized $300 CNC magazines required to shoot it. That is one advantage of the SD 22-250, it uses standard AR-10 clips.

The downfall is it could be 2, 6 or 10 months till you get your order. If ever.

All I know is I’d never buy a any firearm that requires $300 a piece magazines to use it. You can buy a complete upper assembly for what it costs for 22-250 Alex pro mag. I bet they don’t sell a lot of them and if they do I bet they don’t sell very many extra mags for it. If they ever start making $20 Pmags for it I’d probably buy one.

Last edited:
Back