Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3093983 - 09/28/17 11:30 PM Re: Starlings anyone? [Re: KjBeachy]
Born2hunt96 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: North Western Kansas
Starlings,pigeons,and European sparrows are all not protected so all are on the hit list for me! I like the air-rifle over the shotgun just because its quieter and i get more shot opportunities!

Remington 700 .22-250

Pelt Totals 2017/2018
Coyote: 13
Coon: 10
Badger: 1
Deer: 5
Fox: 1

#3095172 - 10/04/17 05:34 PM Re: Starlings anyone? [Re: KjBeachy]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Ok Panhandle
Last Winter I shot 7 times into a huge flock of starlings. 39 fell (that I found) and my buddy that was with me said there was more falling out of the sky as he was watching them fly away. I killed 4 with one shot the first day we went out dove huntin this year. I call those non-target species bonus birds.

#3095764 - 10/07/17 12:38 PM Re: Starlings anyone? [Re: KjBeachy]
Cookie125 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: KS
In the past I would run the FoxPro with starling distress and shoot them as they landed in the tall cottonwoods behind my parents house with my 28ga or 12ga, if they landed in the yard or outside of shotgun distance my .17wsm makes a mess of them. I also have a purple martin house in the yard and trap the starlings and sparrows that harass the martins.

#3123581 - 01/17/18 12:36 AM Re: Starlings anyone? [Re: KjBeachy]
sandy hicks Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: southeast texas
We shot so many out the fruit trees one year that we trained the hawks to eat them. We would shoot them and then just make a little pile outside of the fruit trees. By the time that we made to the porch the red tail hawks would fly down and eat them or take them back to the nest. They should have all died of lead poisoning but they are still there in the back yard.

#3124613 - 01/19/18 11:07 PM Re: Starlings anyone? [Re: sandy hicks]
youngoutdoors Offline

Loc: NW Mtns of North Carolina
I love that plop they make when shot with a 17HMR. They love to nest in the bluebird nest boxes along my driveway. In early spring I make sure to keep the HMR in the truck at all times. Usually right beside the 204 that stays in the truck. Of course they are always around the shop and barns but they really tick me off around the bluebirds.

God Bless, Louis

#3207426 - 07/06/19 06:07 AM Re: Starlings anyone? [Re: sandy hicks]
yarlkarcum Offline

Loc: USA
It's hard to keep flying pests out of the home, as nobody can stop them from coming again and destroying everything inside the home, or in the garden area. I remembered last year when there was a farmer first, many of the farmers had participated into the competition, but due to the nuisance of pests like rodents, starlings, the farmers were unable to put their growing grains into the competition, as it was getting destroyed by the pests. So from that day, everyone decided to call the professional pest control services for the eradication of pests.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  DesertRam 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.