Which Pulsar?

My buddy couldn't get the N355 adjusted so that it didn't look washed out all the time. He tried it with several different IR lights and it just wouldn't do it. I think the 3.5 native mag was one of the more positive things about the scope, and as you can see the PIP was a good feature for a digital. Lack of sound was another disappointment. The N355 was very sensitive to IR bloom as well.

He had lots of experience with a Photon 6.5 XT so it isn't like he didn't know how to get the scope tuned in correctly. I suppose he could have just gotten a bad one, but he didn't want to keep wasting time getting another one. Of course the new 455 should be better. Personally I liked the features of the N355 which made it operate similarly to the Pulsar Trail thermal scopes, but the picture quality just wasn't there. Keep in mind this was the best recording that we got. I would want to see some coyote hunting videos before buying the new N455 if it were me, but that's just me.

Here is a video from Bob Abbott (Deereguy) who posts on here at times. Bob seemed to like the N355 pretty well, and this video is better than anything we were able to get. You might PM him for pros and cons from his view.

Originally Posted By: fxredI am only surprised by the MSRP at $1299 vs a wraith or 4K pro. I can see that video was super cloudy especially for 80 yards. Field of view at 6.2 seems adequate though.

Yeah, looking at the Wraith for $500 I'm not sure you are getting 2 1/2 times the scope at $1300?

Once some more videos are posted we will see.

From Bob’s video it appears to have some ambient light other than the IR. Maybe that accounted for a better view??

The Wraith videos I have seen are pretty good. Good enough that I bought one. The guy videoing has trouble getting scope & IR adjusted.
When I get it I will tell you what I think. The guy I bought it from likes his well enough, he is keeping it. He can have any thermal he wants & probably does. This won't be taking my thermals place, because nothing can. But I do have a use from it, if it is good enough

Last edited:
Back