Just got my 10/22 barrel back from being threaded. (Pictures)

17 Hornet

My favorite 10/22 is the Lipsey edition 10/22, But unfortunately they don't nor does Ruger offer it with a factory installed threaded barrel in the open sight taper barrel.
JPGrips did the barrel threading and did an excellent job. Barrel is right at 21" long.
I also added a BX trigger group in an aluminum trigger housing and a Kidd Bolt and charging handle.
Pictured with a Mask suppressor and an Occulus suppressor.

Last edited:

17, that’s a nice looking outfit. I would love to have a mask suppressor for my 10/22. Have been reading about that one and watching some videos.

Looking at your pictures again, I wanted to ask if the shop that did the threading also had to remove and reset the front sight. Was this done? I’ve got an older, simple 10/22 carbine and the front site looks pretty permanently affixed. Never have thought about possibility that it could be removed and relocated to have the barrel threaded. Maybe it could? Thanks.

Oh man!?! Next time send it to CPC. He will leave the front site be and counterbore the muzzle for a threaded adapter, then cover it with a matching thread protector. $99

You will not be able to see his work at first glance.

Connecticut Precision Chambering.

Originally Posted By: CastOh man!?! Next time send it to CPC. He will leave the front site be and counterbore the muzzle for a threaded adapter, then cover it with a matching thread protector. $99

Very interesting. Seems practical & economical for a stock, average 10/22 plinker like mine. Do you have any pictures of your 10/22 or other rifle(s) with this? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Wood Smoke IIOriginally Posted By: CastOh man!?! Next time send it to CPC. He will leave the front site be and counterbore the muzzle for a threaded adapter, then cover it with a matching thread protector. $99

Very interesting. Seems practical & economical for a stock, average 10/22 plinker like mine. Do you have any pictures of your 10/22 or other rifle(s) with this? Thanks.

Yes I have pics but I can not upload directly to this site. I have used him for years. This time I was building up an old 10/22 that I did not want the appearance changed. He pulled it off beautifully. If I remove the sparrow and replace the matching thread protector, you just cannot tell it is threaded. The old Lyman front sight remains untouched.

He has my 10/22T in his hands now.

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Thats a Nice 10/22 Set up ya have. Go Get them Squirrels!
Yep, A Suppressed (Silencerco Sparrow), Threaded 22LR , Subsonic CCI's are Deadly Squirrel Medicine .

2l9jn6g.jpg

if you havent already... give the Norma Subs a try... they've got a nice HP to them and by gods do they shoot well out of my 10/22 (A&B barrel). i also think they're cleaner when shot suppressed. although cci is still light years cleaner than the remington subs - yick!

i pick which eye (or earhole) i shoot critters in at 50 yds... which not only makes them effective for squirrel sized stuff... but makes for mean medicine when i'm shooting racoon's around the barn at night - just aim for the eye shine in my light.

last batch i picked up when they were on sale for about $0.085/rd, delivered. midsouth seems to run sales like that 2-3x a year

Originally Posted By: Cast
Yes I have pics but I can not upload directly to this site. I have used him for years. This time I was building up an old 10/22 that I did not want the appearance changed. He pulled it off beautifully. If I remove the sparrow and replace the matching thread protector, you just cannot tell it is threaded. The old Lyman front sight remains untouched.

He has my 10/22T in his hands now.

Reviewed the CPC website. Looks good & I may contact them for a quote. I imagine it’s fairly simple to just mail them the barrel. Thanks.

I'm the OP. Sorry for the late replies
I forgot about posting here, so let me reply to a few question.
jpgrips.com did the threading.
It ran $140 which included return shipping, recrown and thread protector. I had to pay also $15 to ship it to him
He moved the front sight back and then threaded it.
Looks like factory, and Jim does excellent work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cast
Yes I have pics but I can not upload directly to this site.

But you can. Down by the classifieds is a photo hosting. Upload your picture there then put it in your post.

Back