Cheap Chinese scopes

pyscodog i wouldn't worry about what anybody else thinks, the only thing that counts is that it works for you without breaking the bank. I have been a scope junkie all my life and have found that no matter the brand or price if it works for your eyes then that's the one to buy.

I learned many years ago as well that some of the "big" name scopes just didn't work with my eyes, and yes some did, i also learned that you don't just look through scopes in a store either. You drag a store employee outside with you and look far and near through it as well as in the sunlight and the shade to see if it's the one for you, if it works that's great, if it doesn't than you go look through another one until you find what you want.
Both centerpoint and athlon's warranty's work as well as burris, vortex and well, all the others i have broken over the years.

Last edited:
Sometimes you get lucky. I plan on moving it to my 22LR in the future. Just playing with it on the 223 for now. Heck if it holds up I may just buy another for the 22.

I bought an Athlon Talos BTR 4-14x44 (FFP) for a .25 cal Hatsan Bullboss QE PCP Air rifle and I think it's a great scope for the money. Approx $300

https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-talos-btr-4-14x44-aplr-ffp-ir-mil/

6hLpOev.jpg

Last edited:
When I got my 17hmr I put a cheap centerpoint 4x16x40 AO on it just to get me by. It has rode on the back of my 4 wheeler for 3 years now. I have not touched the thing I check it every once in a while and at 50 yards it dead on.
J

Last edited:
A second trip to the range today with my $200 Sniper scope. Zero was in the same place I had it sighted in first time I shot it, and the glass is very clear, to me anyway. Will it make a third trip before breaking? Who knows, but no complaints so far.

Umarex here in Fort Smith had a huge parking lot sale a couple of weeks ago and had a line of scopes they put out for 40 bucks each. They felt really nice and were very clear so I grabbed a couple of 3x9 and a 1x4 IR for $120 bucks. I haven’t shot any of them yet but they feel really nice. They are called Axeon. I still have one in the box which will help me justify another rifle.

I think the quality of "Cheap Chinese Scopes" is considerably better today than say 10 years ago. Not saying they a great and better than a good quality scope, just better than they use to be. My Sniper brand scope is clear and takes adjustments and so far has held its zero. I don't twist knobs so that is not a big problem with me. Will it last....who knows? It just works for now.

Back