Neck Turning Equipment

TXCOONDOG

Getting into the Wildcats pretty heavy and in need of some neck turning equipment.

21st Century lathe is at the top of my list.

Comments or Recommendations?

21st is top drawer for sure.

I am usually trying to find equipment second hand and save a few bucks.

I use the K & M with the use a variable speed 1/2" drill attached to the back of the mandrel. Run out is supurb with this system. After you get the hang of things, you can turn 6 cases per minute and have less than .0001 run out over 500 cases.

My K & M 6mm turner looks like it has been to war.

K and M sells a system, I don't like buying kits like this because there are tools in the package I don't like.

I have:
the turner body
turning and expanding mandrels
expanding holder mandrel that screws in the press.
jack that attaches to the turner body which is an aid in adjusting the length of cut.

If you go over on accurateshooter.com, put a want to buy you will come up with something.

The variable speed drill that works for this application is the older style that has a wheel right on the trigger. The type that varies how fast you cut by depressing the trigger further and further is not a good option for me.

Last edited:
I have used several different tools for the job, some powered but my favorite is sinclairs hand tools. Anyhow, the most important thing is the fit of the mandrel to the inside of the case neck, you dont want any slop there.

Back