Current 17 caliber bullet makers

Originally Posted By: BearMidway has 17 caliber dogtown 25 grain HP. They say they are Nosler 17 caliber.

Got a link?
I looked and nothing on what you describe at all.

Berger is the only 25HP and then the 25 Vmax

Last edited:
I can't find where I saw it . I must have had a brainfart and saw 25 when 20 was what it said. Sorry for the mistake.

I bought 700 rounds of factory 25hp and another 200 25 HP bullets. Worst case I can use 20gr Vmax. I believe it was targetusa.com Anyway I have enough.

Being in Nebraska, I was able to score quite. Hoard of 24gr Hornady HPs. They are a great bullet. Crazy accurate and drops coyotes dead.

I’m really glad I hoarded a bunch of bullets too. Have a bunch of 30 grain Golds, 27 grain Golds, 25 grain Golds, the old 25 grain Berger Match bullets. Along with some 26 grain Genco’s. Now if I could buy a bunch of the Nagels I’d be set.

I am a former 17 freek, and always shot the 25g Berger match(17 Remington), and Berger 20g MEF in the 17 H.

Just wondering how accurate the 25g V max are in a custom gun, and will they hold up as a coyote bullet?

Last edited:
I fireformed my 17 Tactical with the 25 grain Vmax and even the fireforming load was pretty darn accurate but as with performance on Coyotes it was dismal. But it did save the good Coyote bullets for the formed cases.

Last edited:
Utahcaller said:
I fireformed my 17 Tactical with the 25 grain Vmax and even the fireforming load was pretty darn accurate but as with performance on Coyotes it was dismal. But it did save the good Coyote bullets for the formed cases.

Extremely accurate out of my CZ527 Varmint. It's my go-to prairie dog bullet. Easily hitting dogs out to 400 yds with Varget and Rem 7 1/2 primers.

Back