Got a Remington r-25 .308 any opinions

Redrock

Ive got a ton of .308 ammo and components and sold my custom .308 gun after last season got a badass 7mm mag. Lost interest in .308 but a buddy called in a bind with a almost brand new gen1 r25. Got it for a deal. A Gonna sight it in take it pig hunting tonight. Gone a give it a chance but would like a shorter handier suppressible .308 any thoughts on em i know its just a rebranded dpms.

Last edited:
Swap the barrel out for a Ballistic Advantage 16" and slap an SLR Rifleworks rail on it... continue with the facelift by ditching the A2 stock for a MagPul STR.

Should make for a great hunting rifle... I have four Aero M5 builds in that basic configuration.

I like the camo pattern but always hated the super fat round 308 float tubes dpms made. Swap that out with something slimmer, then change the stock to an Ace skeleton and order the green foam tube to replace the black, then add an olive drab Hogue grip, that's what I'd do lol.

Instead of dropping more cash in an already expensive rifle, shoot it first and see how that goes before spending money on it. If your going to swap out all those parts you might have been better off just building one.

Not sure about the R25 but my buddy had an R15 and that thing should have come with wheels! LOL. It shot pretty well.

Back