LWRC trigger

cclark

Dumb question....will the trigger on my LWRC M6IC-A5 SBR get better with use? When I say I want better, right now it’s rough and Glock like on the break. I hunt with it, and I am tired of the trigger!

be very cautious about taking sandpaper or a stone to AR trigger engagement surfaces.

they're just case hardened, only a few thousandths thick. if you remove that hardened surface your trigger will wear down and likely become unsafe over a rather short period of time. there's a solid chance of it starting to double, triple or even do full mag dumps as time progresses.

which isnt only a safety factor, but its also a potential legal issue as you're technically in posession of an unlicensed, post 86 manufacture, machine gun at that point.

i'm not suggesting that it cant be done, but if you're unfamiliar with the process, or want to minimized any possible legal ramifications - there are a LOT of aftermarket single stage triggers that can be had for $200 or less.

this just being one fine example

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/POF-AR15-AR10-4-5lb-Trigger-w-KNS-Anti-Rotation-P-p/pof-00457.htm

that should resolve most of the travel you're experiencing with your factory trigger, and give you a fairly crisp "glass rod" type of break.

Thank you Plant One. I will play it safe and buy a new trigger. I thought there could be a issue like that. Definitely makes good sense to buy a new one.

I find it amusing that given the cost of LWRC rifles there is also a complaint about the trigger. I see that, that gun is a $2500 AR 15, to that I say [beeep], holy crap are you kidding me! Next time you have $2500 to spend give me a call and I will build you what you want and put a geissele high speed match rifle trigger in it. I didn't know a company could stay in business these days charging $2500 for putting basically sub contracted out parts together. I could do that with $1000 to spare.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettI find it amusing that given the cost of LWRC rifles there is also a complaint about the trigger. I see that, that gun is a $2500 AR 15, to that I say [beeep], holy crap are you kidding me! Next time you have $2500 to spend give me a call and I will build you what you want and put a geissele high speed match rifle trigger in it. I didn't know a company could stay in business these days charging $2500 for putting basically sub contracted out parts together. I could do that with $1000 to spare.

X2 "Steve, you are so right"

I just can not believe people paying these prices for an AR.
I do have 2 nice uppers I paid $900 each for, 243 and 223.
One is an old Bushmaster and Rock River.
A Rock River Lower with a National Match trigger. My last one was $350.
I stopped a young fellow from buying an H&K AR15. Waste of money.
My last AR15 lower (Spike) stripped was $95 and my AR10 (DPMS) was $125,
So. I can put geissele triggers in them.
I have been looking for "Bed, Bath and Beyond" to start make AR15's

ya... i just talked a buddy down from a seekins "thunder buddy" package...

$1800 for a 5.56 ar? with no optic? i mean it *IS* seekins... but sheesh.

holy crapola... you could build one helluva rifle with a seriously high end custom barrel and a billet receiver set for that, and still have some $$ left over to fund your optic....

I could have sold you my 4.5 POF trigger. Great trigger just to heavy of a pull IMO. Sold it to a buddy who now has passed. Took it out of my P415 and I installed a 3 lb timney in it. Shrunk my groups from .4" to cloverleaves at a 100 yards and .3" groups at 200 yards with a 14.5" barrel! I just ordered a a CMC 2.5 single stage competition trigger for a $137 off optics planet with coupon to try in my 243 ar10. I'd take that trigger out and pitch it. You spent that kind of money on a rifle spend a little more and see if it was worth it to find out if it shoots. My gun was $2399 on sale for $1989 at cabelas when I bought it. Sold a limited run stainless heavy barrel model 700 17 rem for $1650 that I bought from a member here for $489 a year prior. I added my cabelas point to it for the purchase. I had the barrel bead blasted and bolt fluted so had around $650 in the 17 rem . No one wanted to buy it here at the time because the bolt was silver and the action was cericoated black so everyone thought it was cobbled. Nope, just a goofy paint job scared everyone away. Thanks posters.lol. A POF for $650! wooWhoo!!!

Last edited:
You guys know what....pound sand. Go ahead and ban me, disown me, whatever. I didn’t join here to be judged, picked on, or bullied. You knuckleheads don’t know how I got this rifle or what I paid for it. And frankly you can kiss my [beeep]. I thought this was a place where predator hunters help other predator hunters and it is apparently not so.

Back