Lyman Case Prep Xpress

pyscodog

I traded some brass and dies at the local reloading shop for a Lyman Case Prep Xpress. I think I'm going to like it a lot. I can trim, deburr necks inside and out and clean the primer pockets in a very short amount of time. It comes with quite a few extras as well. You have to buy the trimmer parts but it makes trimming brass worth the extra cost.

I absolutely love mine. I have the Forster case trimmer and bought a drill adapter so the cordless drill chucked onto the Forster trimmer buzzes each case in about 2 seconds to trim to length and then it is ready for the Lyman power multi case prepper. The two tools make short work of military brass prep.

I bought a Lyman trimmer. They are caliber specific, but with an adapter, they fit the Xpress. Trim, deburr and clean the primer pocket on one machine. Or you can switch tools and remove military crimps. I didn't think if was to expensive for what you get and after using it don't regret it at all.

I bought the trim tools for 220 Swift and 223 and the adapter to use on the Xpress. The 220 Swift works good on the machine but I found the 223 trimmer is much faster using a drill then finishing up on the Xpress. Its much faster and easier trimming brass than cranking on a handle for hours. I have to admit, my 223 brass has been neglected and was pretty long, needing a considerable amount to be trimmed off. The drill made it fast and easy.

Back