Border opinion

I hear from a lot of contractors across the country. they tell me don't pay mexicans any less but they can count on them to show up, work hard and do a good job.

I don't have a problem with mexicans or anyone else due to where they're from, I just want us to be who decides if they get in or not.

crazy talk, I know.

There is plenty of greed to go around in our nation, after all greed was cool and had plenty of movies about it at one time not long ago. Almost everyone is for doing right, ... until a chance to cash in comes to them and then it's instant well it's ok because, ...

Yes the Dem's are slime but so are the Republicans, simply look at their voting records and see how and who voted agains't Trump when it counted. A [beeep] of a lot of lip service here for helping Trump but no guts when it matters.

You can pick almost anyone in congress, (yes there are some good ones) and track their contribution money to see who owns them and then just look at their voting record which will prove it. Yet most of us are way to busy trying to get our piece of the pie to pay attention to the outright dishonesty of the people WE put in office.

Besides "they" know that if you let the masses complain about everything, ... then you can go right on stealing from them without any problem. Don't think so? Just look around.

both parties have had turns at total control of congress over the last 30 or so years. neother has done anything to fix the problem.

lotsa talk but no action.

Originally Posted By: TnslimI was on a job site last week setting a schedule for flooring and the builder tells me about his drywall problem of getting workers to show up. He had two separate crews fail to show, both local white guys. He finally contracted a pair of Mexicans to do the work putting up I believe 115 sheets working Saturday and finished Sunday and had done perfect work at an awesome price. IMO, not the Mexicans or the builders fault as he just couldn't get anybody to actually show up and work. I hear the same story everyday.

I had a builder that was one of my accounting clients, he said the same thing, but as you called them Mexicans were actually Americans that were Hispanic. Just because they are Hispanic does not make them illegals. Same as not speaking English, they speak it, just prefer not to.

As an aside I think another reason the dems are so hot to impeach trump is they can't get over Trump saying Obama wasn't born in the U.S. , that he's Muslim etc. though I still don't get how he was allowed to give Iran billions .

Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Back