Night Force SHV

I have a SHV and NXS in 56mm
Both are great scopes. However, I haven't used them enough to give a really strong opinion on either. The NXS may be a little brighter in low light conditions but I have not tested them side by side in low light conditions yet.
The SHV is a well built scope and has worked flawlessly the year that I've had it. I'm guessing I've put 200+ bullets through the 6mm Creedmoor bolt action it is on. I've only killed a couple coyotes with that gun so far. I have the 5-20 56mm SHV and have left it on 5X while calling coyotes but I believe I increased it to 20X for a coyote I shot at 300 yards.

I have discussed this with nightforce and they designed the scope for more of a traditional hunting scope were you might get an occasional long shot were your not always dialing. They share the same glass as the nxs that came straight from Nightforce when I talked to them.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI'm going to have to try one someday ,just because.

Having 4 NXS ,it will be interesting to see how they compare.

Na Tim, you've got the good ones. (same here, 3.5-15, 5.5-22, 8-32, and 12-42) Test out some new waters, try the Revic PMR428!

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI'm going to have to try one someday ,just because.

Having 4 NXS ,it will be interesting to see how they compare.

Na Tim, you've got the good ones. (same here, 3.5-15, 5.5-22, 8-32, and 12-42) Test out some new waters, try the Revic PMR428!

James, PM me a linky or info,please.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogHow do these rate compared to other NF?

Was thinking about this today... A friend demoed a SHV a while back. IIRC he told me this.... It's a nice scope for the intended purpose. They are robust in build and weight. If you never used an NXS for dialing you would be happy with a SHV for a hunting scope with a turret twist now and then. If you have used a NXS much ,you will def notice the diff in fuction and not be as happy. In a nut shell, this is what I recall.

Back