Custom rifle taking too long

Fredritz

Recently me and my hunting partner ordered custom ar rifles from a fairly well known company we were told 6 to 8 weeks we would see our guns. It now has been 12 weeks and we have one picture of a receiver of one of the rifles. We have been in contact with the company and have been told numerous times that our rifles should ship this week and a week goes by and no rifles again we get the same response. How would you all handle this or has anyone had this same problem?

It seems all to often that this is the case with "custom" AR rifle "builds"...they all seem to say 4-6 or 6-8 weeks and in reality it ends up being 6-8 months or longer! The problem is, if they tell each potential customer that inquires that it will be actually 6-8 months, most customers are going to move on and look elsewhere...so they tell you 6-8 weeks for you to go ahead and "order"...then you basically have to wait until they finally finish it. I don't like this strategy, but it seems to be the norm nowadays.
On the other hand, most custom AR "assemblers"(not builders) outsource all the parts...so they are sometimes waiting on barrels, uppers, lowers and such.
I had a friend go thru your exact same issue...told 6-8 weeks...just kept extending the deadline because of "waiting on barrels", "waiting on coating", waiting on basically everything...he finally got it in about 6 months. Unfortunately it did not live up to the "assemblers" claims nor did it live up to his expectations.
Be patient is all I can say and keep your fingers crossed that it lives up to your expectations once you finally do get your rifle...

Sadly there are a lot of cheating lying crooks out there. That is why when you actually find a gunsmith that isn't a freaking liar you recommend him.

I agree i just feel like he’s a decent enough guy and knows what he’s doing just want a strait up answers and I’m not getting them. I’ve played mr nice guy so far not sure I wanna get pushy or not yet

Originally Posted By: FredritzRoughly 2500 or full payment of the rifle

Well dang, there is your first mistake. He has zero reason to be in a hurry if he has been paid.

I sure hope you have a detailed invoice in your hands ?

Originally Posted By: FredritzRoughly 2500 or full payment of the rifle

I know this won’t come off like I mean it to, and I apologize in advance for the way it sounds, but that was a really, really dumb thing to do.

Originally Posted By: Fredritzlol no hard feelings fw Ive been having my own thoughts on doing tnat

I’m glad you didn’t take offense where none was intended.
There are lots of great builders out there who will build you a rifle from the parts you send them, and in a reasonable time frame.
I hope it works out for you!

Never had a problem with Rock River or Windham.
Buy a Rock River lower with a national match trigger.
Buy what upper you want and save money.

Originally Posted By: FredritzHave pictures of both rifles and are supposed to ship today so maybe my luck has changed....fingers crossed

I hope so, nobody needs that kind of stress. !

The must be coming from another state ?

Back